Facebook can help you travel cheaper, according to an article on Money Crashers.
In his article, Erik Folgate, a financial writer, points out four ways the social networking site has helped him travel more frugally:
Hostelbook.com's app on Facebook rates the price and quality of hostels, whether in or out of the United States.
"I backpacked around Europe four years ago, and we saved a ton of money staying at hostels," Folgate said in his article. "However, we didn’t have Facebook to get quality reviews of which hostels to frequent and which ones to stay away from. There were hostel review sites out there, but Facebook’s social network blows any of those sites away. "
'Where I've been'
Bragging about traveling on Facebook can actually help you network with others who have been to the same places. They can provide referrals to cheap places to eat and stay.
'Been there, done that' app
This lists where you have been, and also mentions what you did when you were there. Looking at what your friends did when they were there reveals cheap activities you could do yourself.
Trips by SideStep.com
SideStep.com helps plan your trip. Organization in general can help you save money, Folgate says. "When you have a plan, you’ll save money, because you’ve already done the research. Being spontaneous is fun, and it has its place in your trip, but if your whole trip is done 'on the fly' you’ll fall into a lot of tourist traps," he said.
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- How to be a billionaire
- Is preschool worth the money?
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 12
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 10
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 3
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3