Utah Jazz: Al Jefferson to play vs. Lakers; Derrick Favors still out
LOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles Lakers might have a star-studded cast, including Kobe Bryant.
But the Utah Jazz have something the Lakers don't: their regular starting lineup.
Center Al Jefferson will play tonight in the 7:30 contest at Staples Center after missing the last game with back spasms.
Big Al didn't play in Utah's 131-99 blowout of Toronto on Friday night after being injured at the end of the Jazz's 87-81 win over Orlando.
Derrick Favors has missed the past four games with plantar fasciitis in his right foot. He was going to play but his plantar fasciitis bothered him again during warm-ups.
"We're back to full speed," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said in his pregame interview before Favors' injury. "We've got everybody in the lineup. We're looking forward to getting going."
The Jazz will go back to their starting lineup of Mo Williams, Randy Foye, Marvin Williams, Paul Millsap and Jefferson.
With point guards Steve Nash and Steve Blake both out with injuries, the Lakers will likely start Chris Duhon, Bryant, Metta World Peace Antawn Jamison and Dwight Howard.
Utah (11-10) is looking for its third win overall and its fourth consecutive victory over the Lakers (9-11), who have lost six of their past nine games under new coach Mike D'Antoni.
Corbin said Jefferson and Favors looked good in Saturday's practice.
"They're ready to play, so we'll see how it develops. Everything was great," Corbin said. "No discomfort at all. We were able to get some one-on-one play in, so we're looking forward to them playing."
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48