MURRAY — Police are looking for two people they say pried open the doors at a gas station and used a pickup truck to steal an ATM early Sunday morning
Murray Police Sgt. Paul Christiansen said a white truck with a utility shell, possibly a Ford F-250, backed up to the entrance of a Tesoro gas station at 6785 S. State about 5 a.m. Sunday morning.
After forcing the door open, one man entered the store and tied a tow rope to the ATM. The driver of the truck then dragged the ATM out of the store and partway down the street before it was loaded into the vehicle.
The man was wearing a red flannel shirt, dark coveralls and a dark beanie, Christiansen said. No information about the driver was available.
Despite its prominent location, Christiansen said the area was deserted at the time. While minor thefts are known to increase around the holidays, a burglary of this scale is uncommon, he said.
Police are working to obtain security footage from the store to learn more about the incident, Christiansen said.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11