Man arrested following stabbing at Provo apartment building
PROVO — A 28-year-old man was arrested Friday after police say he stabbed a 21-year-old neighbor at an apartment building near 80 South and 900 East.
The two men had been in an argument earlier in the day, and a second run-in turned physical, said Provo Police Sgt. Brandon Post. The younger man later called police with complaints of having been stabbed in the chest, Post said. The younger man was taken to a hospital to be treated for his injuries.
Police found a folding pocket knife with a 4-inch blade at the scene.
Tyson Ellis, 28, was arrested and booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault and possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person.
A check of court records indicates Ellis has an extensive criminal history, including multiple felony and misdemeanor assault and burglary convictions in Provo.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Provo
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme Court...
- Youth volunteers plant 3,000 flags at Sandy...
- Man charged with threats of terrorism,...
- Riverton man arrested in 'unique' display of...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 18
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8