Man arrested following stabbing at Provo apartment building
PROVO — A 28-year-old man was arrested Friday after police say he stabbed a 21-year-old neighbor at an apartment building near 80 South and 900 East.
The two men had been in an argument earlier in the day, and a second run-in turned physical, said Provo Police Sgt. Brandon Post. The younger man later called police with complaints of having been stabbed in the chest, Post said. The younger man was taken to a hospital to be treated for his injuries.
Police found a folding pocket knife with a 4-inch blade at the scene.
Tyson Ellis, 28, was arrested and booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault and possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person.
A check of court records indicates Ellis has an extensive criminal history, including multiple felony and misdemeanor assault and burglary convictions in Provo.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13