Man arrested following stabbing at Provo apartment building
PROVO — A 28-year-old man was arrested Friday after police say he stabbed a 21-year-old neighbor at an apartment building near 80 South and 900 East.
The two men had been in an argument earlier in the day, and a second run-in turned physical, said Provo Police Sgt. Brandon Post. The younger man later called police with complaints of having been stabbed in the chest, Post said. The younger man was taken to a hospital to be treated for his injuries.
Police found a folding pocket knife with a 4-inch blade at the scene.
Tyson Ellis, 28, was arrested and booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault and possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person.
A check of court records indicates Ellis has an extensive criminal history, including multiple felony and misdemeanor assault and burglary convictions in Provo.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14