Man arrested following stabbing at Provo apartment building
PROVO — A 28-year-old man was arrested Friday after police say he stabbed a 21-year-old neighbor at an apartment building near 80 South and 900 East.
The two men had been in an argument earlier in the day, and a second run-in turned physical, said Provo Police Sgt. Brandon Post. The younger man later called police with complaints of having been stabbed in the chest, Post said. The younger man was taken to a hospital to be treated for his injuries.
Police found a folding pocket knife with a 4-inch blade at the scene.
Tyson Ellis, 28, was arrested and booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault and possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person.
A check of court records indicates Ellis has an extensive criminal history, including multiple felony and misdemeanor assault and burglary convictions in Provo.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26