Man arrested following stabbing at Provo apartment building
PROVO — A 28-year-old man was arrested Friday after police say he stabbed a 21-year-old neighbor at an apartment building near 80 South and 900 East.
The two men had been in an argument earlier in the day, and a second run-in turned physical, said Provo Police Sgt. Brandon Post. The younger man later called police with complaints of having been stabbed in the chest, Post said. The younger man was taken to a hospital to be treated for his injuries.
Police found a folding pocket knife with a 4-inch blade at the scene.
Tyson Ellis, 28, was arrested and booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault and possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person.
A check of court records indicates Ellis has an extensive criminal history, including multiple felony and misdemeanor assault and burglary convictions in Provo.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Police answering welfare call find woman...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 25
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14