City of Lehi
LEHI — Lehi Fire Capt. Jake Beck recently received the Firefighter of the Year Award from the Utah Valley Chapter of the National Exchange Club. He was honored at the club meeting on Nov. 28 in Orem.
“This is a great accomplishment for Jake and for the city,” said Mayor Bert Wilson. “He has gone far above and beyond what is expected and the citizens of Lehi are the ones who benefit.”
The Utah Valley Chapter of the National Exchange Club requests nominations from every city in Utah County. A selection committee then reviews the applicants and selects the honoree for criteria including exemplary efforts in contributing to the community, going beyond the call of duty in their position, and passing advanced training.
Beck has served as the Lehi Fire Department’s training officer. In addition to organizing everyday trainings, he has helped with a number of specialized areas including burn house, acquired live structure burns, driver training task books, air ambulance, technical rescue, FrontRunner and MAYDAY.
“Captain Beck has excelled beyond our expectations and does more than his job description requires,” said Fire Chief Dale Ekins. “We appreciate his efforts and dedication to the community.”
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23