SALT LAKE CITY — There are many organizations in the city seeking volunteers and donations during the holiday season.
Unless otherwise noted, RSVP for all projects to Savannah Wake, volunteer coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-535-6202.
• Human Rights Day: Monday, Dec. 10, 5:30 - 8:30 pm, The Leonardo, 209 E. 500 South. Five volunteers are needed, ages 16 and up, to help with check-in/tickets, coat check, food and beverage oversight, photography, and cleanup.
• Food and Warm Clothing Drive: Wednesday, Dec. 12 - Friday, Jan. 18. Take donations to city buildings between Dec. 12 and Jan. 19. Drive up and drop off your items during curbside collection events at the City-County Building, 250 S. 400 East, on Dec. 19 and Jan 16, 4-5:30 p.m.
• Residents from Districts 1 and 2 needed to serve on one of the city's many boards and commissions.
• Fall leaf raking: All community members are encouraged to participate and help their neighbors in need. Request a leaves-only bin by calling 801-535-6999.
• Volunteer Income Tax Assistance: VITA volunteers help low- to middle-income people complete their federal and state tax returns for free. All training is provided. Sign up at www.utahtaxhelp.org or contact Greg McDonald at email@example.com
Visit the United Way website at www.uw.org/211 to view more volunteer opportunities in the Salt Lake area.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 80
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17