SALT LAKE CITY — There are many organizations in the city seeking volunteers and donations during the holiday season.
Unless otherwise noted, RSVP for all projects to Savannah Wake, volunteer coordinator, at email@example.com or 801-535-6202.
• Human Rights Day: Monday, Dec. 10, 5:30 - 8:30 pm, The Leonardo, 209 E. 500 South. Five volunteers are needed, ages 16 and up, to help with check-in/tickets, coat check, food and beverage oversight, photography, and cleanup.
• Food and Warm Clothing Drive: Wednesday, Dec. 12 - Friday, Jan. 18. Take donations to city buildings between Dec. 12 and Jan. 19. Drive up and drop off your items during curbside collection events at the City-County Building, 250 S. 400 East, on Dec. 19 and Jan 16, 4-5:30 p.m.
• Residents from Districts 1 and 2 needed to serve on one of the city's many boards and commissions.
• Fall leaf raking: All community members are encouraged to participate and help their neighbors in need. Request a leaves-only bin by calling 801-535-6999.
• Volunteer Income Tax Assistance: VITA volunteers help low- to middle-income people complete their federal and state tax returns for free. All training is provided. Sign up at www.utahtaxhelp.org or contact Greg McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the United Way website at www.uw.org/211 to view more volunteer opportunities in the Salt Lake area.
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- Merged resorts relying on familiar feel to...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 140
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 104
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 76
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 66
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 35