SALT LAKE CITY — There are many organizations in the city seeking volunteers and donations during the holiday season.
Unless otherwise noted, RSVP for all projects to Savannah Wake, volunteer coordinator, at email@example.com or 801-535-6202.
• Human Rights Day: Monday, Dec. 10, 5:30 - 8:30 pm, The Leonardo, 209 E. 500 South. Five volunteers are needed, ages 16 and up, to help with check-in/tickets, coat check, food and beverage oversight, photography, and cleanup.
• Food and Warm Clothing Drive: Wednesday, Dec. 12 - Friday, Jan. 18. Take donations to city buildings between Dec. 12 and Jan. 19. Drive up and drop off your items during curbside collection events at the City-County Building, 250 S. 400 East, on Dec. 19 and Jan 16, 4-5:30 p.m.
• Residents from Districts 1 and 2 needed to serve on one of the city's many boards and commissions.
• Fall leaf raking: All community members are encouraged to participate and help their neighbors in need. Request a leaves-only bin by calling 801-535-6999.
• Volunteer Income Tax Assistance: VITA volunteers help low- to middle-income people complete their federal and state tax returns for free. All training is provided. Sign up at www.utahtaxhelp.org or contact Greg McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the United Way website at www.uw.org/211 to view more volunteer opportunities in the Salt Lake area.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 61
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17