SALT LAKE CITY — In more ways than one, the Utah Jazz have been downsized for tonight's game against the Toronto Raptors.
The Jazz won't have starting center Al Jefferson (back spasms) or backup forward Derrick Favors (strained right arch) available for action, leaving them undersized and understaffed in the big man department.
Mo Williams will start, however, after missing this morning's shootaround because of what the training staff described as "gastric distress."
In Jefferson's place, Turkish center Enes Kanter will get his first career start.
"It should be exciting," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. "He's been champing at the bit for an opportunity to get more time on the floor. He should be excited, and I think he is. I'm excited for him. We're looking forward to him having a great game tonight."
Jeremy Evans will be the Jazz's only backup big man available against the Raptors, who have only won four games overall and have a 1-11 road record.
Starting small forward Marvin Williams could also see time at the power forward spot.
"The guys have been very, very responsive to making adjustments," Corbin said. "Tonight will be a night where we may have to make a few more than usual. But it's still basketball, and we'll put guys in position to have a chance to be successful."
Toronto's probable starters include guards Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan, forwards Mickael Pietrus and 7-footer Andrew Bargnani and 6-11 center Jonas Valanciunas.
Utah outlasted Toronto 140-133 in triple overtime last month.
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass, Cougars'...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much money...
- Breaking down UMass, BYU basketball's next...
- BYU football: Cougars have gotten solid...
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 193
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 53
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 50
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 45