Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — Gail Miller will receive an honorary Doctor of Humanities degree from Weber State University at its 140th commencement on Dec. 14 at 1 p.m. in the Dee Events Center.
Miller, owner of the Larry H. Miller Group of Cos. and chairwoman of the organization's advisory board, will also deliver the commencement address.
"Gail Miller was selected by the WSU Board of Trustees for her exceptional leadership in business and higher education," WSU President Ann Millner said. "She is a role model for engagement in the community and making Utah a better place to live, work and learn."
Miller oversees her late husband, Larry H. Miller's, venture that encompasses more than 75 businesses, including the Utah Jazz, Salt Lake Bees and Megaplex Theatres. Miller is also the steward to several personal charitable initiatives supporting children's health and educational programs.
Miller has a record of financial contributions to Weber State and other Utah universities, serving as vice chairwoman of the board of trustees at Salt Lake Community College and as a member of the National Advisory Council at the University of Utah.
- How much money should you be saving from each...
- Happiness research inspired one business...
- Airline industry is least liked industries in...
- Are you ready to start using a digital wallet?
- April 15 may be Tax Day, but Tax Freedom Day...
- Why do only half of Americans invest in stocks?
- University of Utah commits to buying more...
- Did you file your taxes jointly or...
- Happiness research inspired one... 13
- EnergySolutions shouldn't store uranium... 8
- Why do only half of Americans invest in... 5
- Contact lens makers sue Utah over... 4
- Airline industry is least liked... 4
- Did you file your taxes jointly or... 4
- University of Utah commits to buying... 3
- Leadership touted at governor's... 3