Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — Gail Miller will receive an honorary Doctor of Humanities degree from Weber State University at its 140th commencement on Dec. 14 at 1 p.m. in the Dee Events Center.
Miller, owner of the Larry H. Miller Group of Cos. and chairwoman of the organization's advisory board, will also deliver the commencement address.
"Gail Miller was selected by the WSU Board of Trustees for her exceptional leadership in business and higher education," WSU President Ann Millner said. "She is a role model for engagement in the community and making Utah a better place to live, work and learn."
Miller oversees her late husband, Larry H. Miller's, venture that encompasses more than 75 businesses, including the Utah Jazz, Salt Lake Bees and Megaplex Theatres. Miller is also the steward to several personal charitable initiatives supporting children's health and educational programs.
Miller has a record of financial contributions to Weber State and other Utah universities, serving as vice chairwoman of the board of trustees at Salt Lake Community College and as a member of the National Advisory Council at the University of Utah.
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of high...
- The future of food? 3D printing moves beyond...
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing
- Taking back family dinner: A healthy,...
- S.L. draws up airport plans 31
- Writers offer personal finance advice... 30
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 21
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 12
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 10
- Obama: 'Our focus cannot drift' from... 9
- Apple's Cook to face Senate questions... 6
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong... 6