Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — Gail Miller will receive an honorary Doctor of Humanities degree from Weber State University at its 140th commencement on Dec. 14 at 1 p.m. in the Dee Events Center.
Miller, owner of the Larry H. Miller Group of Cos. and chairwoman of the organization's advisory board, will also deliver the commencement address.
"Gail Miller was selected by the WSU Board of Trustees for her exceptional leadership in business and higher education," WSU President Ann Millner said. "She is a role model for engagement in the community and making Utah a better place to live, work and learn."
Miller oversees her late husband, Larry H. Miller's, venture that encompasses more than 75 businesses, including the Utah Jazz, Salt Lake Bees and Megaplex Theatres. Miller is also the steward to several personal charitable initiatives supporting children's health and educational programs.
Miller has a record of financial contributions to Weber State and other Utah universities, serving as vice chairwoman of the board of trustees at Salt Lake Community College and as a member of the National Advisory Council at the University of Utah.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Plan to simplify 2015 health renewals may...
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 13
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Sarah Palin launches online... 6
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4