Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — Gail Miller will receive an honorary Doctor of Humanities degree from Weber State University at its 140th commencement on Dec. 14 at 1 p.m. in the Dee Events Center.
Miller, owner of the Larry H. Miller Group of Cos. and chairwoman of the organization's advisory board, will also deliver the commencement address.
"Gail Miller was selected by the WSU Board of Trustees for her exceptional leadership in business and higher education," WSU President Ann Millner said. "She is a role model for engagement in the community and making Utah a better place to live, work and learn."
Miller oversees her late husband, Larry H. Miller's, venture that encompasses more than 75 businesses, including the Utah Jazz, Salt Lake Bees and Megaplex Theatres. Miller is also the steward to several personal charitable initiatives supporting children's health and educational programs.
Miller has a record of financial contributions to Weber State and other Utah universities, serving as vice chairwoman of the board of trustees at Salt Lake Community College and as a member of the National Advisory Council at the University of Utah.
- 7 ways to help your loved one when they've...
- UTA extending service to BYU-USU football game
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Consumer confidence continues to climb in Utah
- MountainStar to acquire Cache Valley Hospital
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize advances
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Is preschool worth the money? 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3