Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — Gail Miller will receive an honorary Doctor of Humanities degree from Weber State University at its 140th commencement on Dec. 14 at 1 p.m. in the Dee Events Center.
Miller, owner of the Larry H. Miller Group of Cos. and chairwoman of the organization's advisory board, will also deliver the commencement address.
"Gail Miller was selected by the WSU Board of Trustees for her exceptional leadership in business and higher education," WSU President Ann Millner said. "She is a role model for engagement in the community and making Utah a better place to live, work and learn."
Miller oversees her late husband, Larry H. Miller's, venture that encompasses more than 75 businesses, including the Utah Jazz, Salt Lake Bees and Megaplex Theatres. Miller is also the steward to several personal charitable initiatives supporting children's health and educational programs.
Miller has a record of financial contributions to Weber State and other Utah universities, serving as vice chairwoman of the board of trustees at Salt Lake Community College and as a member of the National Advisory Council at the University of Utah.
- Phone lines are open: Customers camp out for...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL concern
- Riverton Hospital expansion aims to meet...
- Stericycle critics: Shut it down now
- Where’s the app for an earthquake warning?
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars in revenue
- Financial interventions don't work
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 9
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2
- Where’s the app for an earthquake... 2