“I WANT TO BE A MISSIONARY: A Seek and Find Book,” by LuAnn Nilson, photographs by Crystalyn Nilson, Deseret Book, $14.99 (ages 3-8)
“I Want to Be a Missionary” includes 10 two-page spreads that have six objects to seek and find, along with a hidden CTR ring.
Each page has a different topic to help children learn about missionary work of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — from “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission” about being a future missionary to getting a call (with a map and country flags) to serving others and studying the scriptures.
At the back of the book, LuAnn Nilson includes family home evening ideas, with songs, a lesson, and an activity for each topic along with additional things to find on the pages. The page for “Follow the Prophet” has additional things to find that represent each prophet.
This a delightful book that will likely entertain children as they hunt and seek the images. The photos are filled with a variety of items, but the things to find are in plain sight.
With the family home evening ideas, it looks to be a resource that adults can use, too.
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- Boy Scouts of America to make membership...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 39
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 34
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 25
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- Letters to family show Steven Powell... 18
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17