Book review: 'I Want to Be a Missionary Now' is a delightful seek and find book
“I WANT TO BE A MISSIONARY: A Seek and Find Book,” by LuAnn Nilson, photographs by Crystalyn Nilson, Deseret Book, $14.99 (ages 3-8)
“I Want to Be a Missionary” includes 10 two-page spreads that have six objects to seek and find, along with a hidden CTR ring.
Each page has a different topic to help children learn about missionary work of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — from “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission” about being a future missionary to getting a call (with a map and country flags) to serving others and studying the scriptures.
At the back of the book, LuAnn Nilson includes family home evening ideas, with songs, a lesson, and an activity for each topic along with additional things to find on the pages. The page for “Follow the Prophet” has additional things to find that represent each prophet.
This a delightful book that will likely entertain children as they hunt and seek the images. The photos are filled with a variety of items, but the things to find are in plain sight.
With the family home evening ideas, it looks to be a resource that adults can use, too.
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 44
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Harmony: Ogling the penmanship of... 8
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4
- Over half a million people attended... 4