Book review: 'I Want to Be a Missionary Now' is a delightful seek and find book
“I WANT TO BE A MISSIONARY: A Seek and Find Book,” by LuAnn Nilson, photographs by Crystalyn Nilson, Deseret Book, $14.99 (ages 3-8)
“I Want to Be a Missionary” includes 10 two-page spreads that have six objects to seek and find, along with a hidden CTR ring.
Each page has a different topic to help children learn about missionary work of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — from “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission” about being a future missionary to getting a call (with a map and country flags) to serving others and studying the scriptures.
At the back of the book, LuAnn Nilson includes family home evening ideas, with songs, a lesson, and an activity for each topic along with additional things to find on the pages. The page for “Follow the Prophet” has additional things to find that represent each prophet.
This a delightful book that will likely entertain children as they hunt and seek the images. The photos are filled with a variety of items, but the things to find are in plain sight.
With the family home evening ideas, it looks to be a resource that adults can use, too.
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Mormon couple celebrates 81st wedding...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 108
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 39
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 38
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 35
- New friends plan to work together to... 31
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 18
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- 5 reasons why we want to believe Jesus... 16