Book review: 'I Want to Be a Missionary Now' is a delightful seek and find book
“I WANT TO BE A MISSIONARY: A Seek and Find Book,” by LuAnn Nilson, photographs by Crystalyn Nilson, Deseret Book, $14.99 (ages 3-8)
“I Want to Be a Missionary” includes 10 two-page spreads that have six objects to seek and find, along with a hidden CTR ring.
Each page has a different topic to help children learn about missionary work of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — from “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission” about being a future missionary to getting a call (with a map and country flags) to serving others and studying the scriptures.
At the back of the book, LuAnn Nilson includes family home evening ideas, with songs, a lesson, and an activity for each topic along with additional things to find on the pages. The page for “Follow the Prophet” has additional things to find that represent each prophet.
This a delightful book that will likely entertain children as they hunt and seek the images. The photos are filled with a variety of items, but the things to find are in plain sight.
With the family home evening ideas, it looks to be a resource that adults can use, too.
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among...
- Faith, friends and football: Stanford...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- LDS missionary collapses, dies during ward...
- See why this woman's decision not to bake a...
- Obama in State of the Union: Tax... 56
- LDS missionary collapses, dies during... 28
- See why this woman's decision not to... 23
- 22 online dating tips for Mormon YSA men 20
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 16
- Defending the Faith: A tribute to... 15
- LDS mission president's wife dies 14
- Why the world needs rich Christians 13