Book review: 'I Want to Be a Missionary Now' is a delightful seek and find book
“I WANT TO BE A MISSIONARY: A Seek and Find Book,” by LuAnn Nilson, photographs by Crystalyn Nilson, Deseret Book, $14.99 (ages 3-8)
“I Want to Be a Missionary” includes 10 two-page spreads that have six objects to seek and find, along with a hidden CTR ring.
Each page has a different topic to help children learn about missionary work of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — from “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission” about being a future missionary to getting a call (with a map and country flags) to serving others and studying the scriptures.
At the back of the book, LuAnn Nilson includes family home evening ideas, with songs, a lesson, and an activity for each topic along with additional things to find on the pages. The page for “Follow the Prophet” has additional things to find that represent each prophet.
This a delightful book that will likely entertain children as they hunt and seek the images. The photos are filled with a variety of items, but the things to find are in plain sight.
With the family home evening ideas, it looks to be a resource that adults can use, too.
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 7
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 4
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3
- Jerry Earl Johnston: A celebrated... 3