Book review: 'I Want to Be a Missionary Now' is a delightful seek and find book
“I WANT TO BE A MISSIONARY: A Seek and Find Book,” by LuAnn Nilson, photographs by Crystalyn Nilson, Deseret Book, $14.99 (ages 3-8)
“I Want to Be a Missionary” includes 10 two-page spreads that have six objects to seek and find, along with a hidden CTR ring.
Each page has a different topic to help children learn about missionary work of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — from “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission” about being a future missionary to getting a call (with a map and country flags) to serving others and studying the scriptures.
At the back of the book, LuAnn Nilson includes family home evening ideas, with songs, a lesson, and an activity for each topic along with additional things to find on the pages. The page for “Follow the Prophet” has additional things to find that represent each prophet.
This a delightful book that will likely entertain children as they hunt and seek the images. The photos are filled with a variety of items, but the things to find are in plain sight.
With the family home evening ideas, it looks to be a resource that adults can use, too.
- 185th Semiannual General Conference talk...
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Sunday School leader apologizes for...
- President Thomas S. Monson: 'Be an Example...
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment...
- LDS video features apostles' first testimonies
- Photos: LDS general conference Sunday morning...
- President Russell M. Nelson: 'A Plea to My...
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund... 46
- Unique LDS family doctrine still drives... 32
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment... 29
- 3 new LDS apostles will be 98th, 99th,... 27
- Pope meeting with Kim Davis sparks... 15
- In Saturday's General Conference... 15
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 15
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12