Book review: 'I Want to Be a Missionary Now' is a delightful seek and find book
“I WANT TO BE A MISSIONARY: A Seek and Find Book,” by LuAnn Nilson, photographs by Crystalyn Nilson, Deseret Book, $14.99 (ages 3-8)
“I Want to Be a Missionary” includes 10 two-page spreads that have six objects to seek and find, along with a hidden CTR ring.
Each page has a different topic to help children learn about missionary work of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — from “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission” about being a future missionary to getting a call (with a map and country flags) to serving others and studying the scriptures.
At the back of the book, LuAnn Nilson includes family home evening ideas, with songs, a lesson, and an activity for each topic along with additional things to find on the pages. The page for “Follow the Prophet” has additional things to find that represent each prophet.
This a delightful book that will likely entertain children as they hunt and seek the images. The photos are filled with a variety of items, but the things to find are in plain sight.
With the family home evening ideas, it looks to be a resource that adults can use, too.
- Pope prays at Armenia memorial after...
- Pope visits Armenia's closed border with...
- Pope's message of peace resonates with Syrian...
- Retired pope thanks reigning pope for his...
- Apocalypse when? How teachings on the end of...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- Prominent Christian Johnnie Moore reveals...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Radiate goodness
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 167
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 36
- Did Trump really just become a... 36
- Faith leaders respond to Supreme... 12
- Could Brexit be an apocalyptic prediction? 11
- Apocalypse when? How teachings on the... 10
- Pope Francis: Christians should... 10
- God? Meaning of life? Many Americans... 8