Book review: 'I Want to Be a Missionary Now' is a delightful seek and find book
“I WANT TO BE A MISSIONARY: A Seek and Find Book,” by LuAnn Nilson, photographs by Crystalyn Nilson, Deseret Book, $14.99 (ages 3-8)
“I Want to Be a Missionary” includes 10 two-page spreads that have six objects to seek and find, along with a hidden CTR ring.
Each page has a different topic to help children learn about missionary work of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — from “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission” about being a future missionary to getting a call (with a map and country flags) to serving others and studying the scriptures.
At the back of the book, LuAnn Nilson includes family home evening ideas, with songs, a lesson, and an activity for each topic along with additional things to find on the pages. The page for “Follow the Prophet” has additional things to find that represent each prophet.
This a delightful book that will likely entertain children as they hunt and seek the images. The photos are filled with a variety of items, but the things to find are in plain sight.
With the family home evening ideas, it looks to be a resource that adults can use, too.
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins Colorado...
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto Ontario...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- LDS Church releases statement after vandals...
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between Lehite...
- How serving an LDS mission prepared me for...
- Helping people deal with criticisms against...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program 251
- Marching band not allowed to perform... 105
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 34
- LDS Church releases statement after... 28
- Mormon woman will be first female West... 16
- One organization demands 25 public... 11
- This is even more evidence that Jesus... 8
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder... 7