AMERICAN FORK — Craig Nielsen has selected from nine applicants to fill the City Council seat vacated by Dale Gunther.
At the City Council meeting on Nov. 27, eight of the nine applicants made a short presentation and fielded questions from the City Council. Nielsen was sworn in as the newest member of the council following a vote by council members.
Nielsen is the director of Oncology Services for American Fork Hospital and Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. He has lived in American Fork for about 30 years.
Nielsen said he applied for the position because he is “concerned about the direction of our society” and feels that he can “most effectively make a difference by getting involved on the local level and participating in city government.”
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- Understanding Israel and Hamas: Why this...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26