AMERICAN FORK — Craig Nielsen has selected from nine applicants to fill the City Council seat vacated by Dale Gunther.
At the City Council meeting on Nov. 27, eight of the nine applicants made a short presentation and fielded questions from the City Council. Nielsen was sworn in as the newest member of the council following a vote by council members.
Nielsen is the director of Oncology Services for American Fork Hospital and Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. He has lived in American Fork for about 30 years.
Nielsen said he applied for the position because he is “concerned about the direction of our society” and feels that he can “most effectively make a difference by getting involved on the local level and participating in city government.”
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23