AMERICAN FORK — Craig Nielsen has selected from nine applicants to fill the City Council seat vacated by Dale Gunther.
At the City Council meeting on Nov. 27, eight of the nine applicants made a short presentation and fielded questions from the City Council. Nielsen was sworn in as the newest member of the council following a vote by council members.
Nielsen is the director of Oncology Services for American Fork Hospital and Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. He has lived in American Fork for about 30 years.
Nielsen said he applied for the position because he is “concerned about the direction of our society” and feels that he can “most effectively make a difference by getting involved on the local level and participating in city government.”
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8