AMERICAN FORK — Craig Nielsen has selected from nine applicants to fill the City Council seat vacated by Dale Gunther.
At the City Council meeting on Nov. 27, eight of the nine applicants made a short presentation and fielded questions from the City Council. Nielsen was sworn in as the newest member of the council following a vote by council members.
Nielsen is the director of Oncology Services for American Fork Hospital and Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. He has lived in American Fork for about 30 years.
Nielsen said he applied for the position because he is “concerned about the direction of our society” and feels that he can “most effectively make a difference by getting involved on the local level and participating in city government.”
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 81
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 59
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12