AMERICAN FORK — Craig Nielsen has selected from nine applicants to fill the City Council seat vacated by Dale Gunther.
At the City Council meeting on Nov. 27, eight of the nine applicants made a short presentation and fielded questions from the City Council. Nielsen was sworn in as the newest member of the council following a vote by council members.
Nielsen is the director of Oncology Services for American Fork Hospital and Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. He has lived in American Fork for about 30 years.
Nielsen said he applied for the position because he is “concerned about the direction of our society” and feels that he can “most effectively make a difference by getting involved on the local level and participating in city government.”
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- Five sites now under consideration for new...
- Becky Lockhart remembered on Rare Disease Day...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks out on...
- Lehi supplement firm launches research lab
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 16