New Christmas CDs feature a variety of sounds to help celebrate the holiday season
Sandy resident Kade Smith’s jazz influence gives a slower and more personal feel to five Christmas songs, including “Merry Christmas to Me” and “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.” They encourage listeners slow down and enjoy this season.
National children’s recording artist Laurie Berkner’s first Christmas album is full of fun arrangements of seasonal favorites that include a trio of original songs, “Santa’s Coming to My House Tonight,” “Candy Cane Jane,” and “Christmas Lights.” Berkner’s upbeat and kid-friendly style is playful and can help children get excited for the season.
“AMALIAH’S VISIT,” by Marie Sharon, $16.99
Marie Sharon has written a 40-minute program and composed music that follows Amaliah, an angel, who shares the perspectives of the Nativity from Elisabeth, Mary, an innkeeper’s wife and a shepherd’s wife. She taps the musical talent from several musical artists for the different parts. For information, see www.amaliahsvisit.com.
"Silent Night" ("Oiche Chiuin") from "Noel"
"Silent Night" (or "Oiche Chiuin") is a Gaelic rendition of the traditional carol featuring Alex Sharpe, formerly of Celtic Women, and is on Jenny Oaks Baker's Christmas CD "Noel: Carols of Christmas Past."
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Brandon Mull's new 'Sky Raiders' shares...
- Dancing for Food: Dance event raises $40K for...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Book review: Brandon Sanderson's 'Words of...
- First look at modernized 'Annie' produced by...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 63
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 7
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance... 5
- PBS science correspondent Miles O'Brien... 1
- First look at modernized 'Annie'... 1