Seth Perlman, AP
A national trend of improving housing markets took off this month as 76 metros surged to 201, according to the National Association of Home Builders/First American Improving Markets Index.
Forty-four states were represented by at least one metro area on this list, which was an increase from the 38 that were included in November.
"The dramatic expansion of improving markets at the end of this year should help encourage consumers who may have been on the fence about a home purchase that a housing recovery is now firmly underway," said Kurt Pfotenhauer, vice chairman of First American Title Insurance Company.
This month, 84 metros were added to the list including Atlanta, Seattle, Ann Arbor and Green Bay. There were also eight that were dropped from the list.
To read about how Utah is doing in the housing market, visit here.
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Utah job forecast better than most states
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- A Closer Look: Your (online) life after death
- The market power of pumpkin spice
- Balancing act: Sometimes a 'serious' office...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- These are America's 10 poorest congressmen 3
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Utah job forecast better than most states 2
- Save money by replacing appliances that... 1
- Retail sales are up since last month 1