Seth Perlman, AP
A national trend of improving housing markets took off this month as 76 metros surged to 201, according to the National Association of Home Builders/First American Improving Markets Index.
Forty-four states were represented by at least one metro area on this list, which was an increase from the 38 that were included in November.
"The dramatic expansion of improving markets at the end of this year should help encourage consumers who may have been on the fence about a home purchase that a housing recovery is now firmly underway," said Kurt Pfotenhauer, vice chairman of First American Title Insurance Company.
This month, 84 metros were added to the list including Atlanta, Seattle, Ann Arbor and Green Bay. There were also eight that were dropped from the list.
To read about how Utah is doing in the housing market, visit here.
- It just became easier to be a mother in the Navy
- Greek villagers' secret weapon: Grow your own...
- The average Joe only works 4.5 hours a day....
- Here's an odd way to make it through college...
- Dave Ramsey says: Handle money with planning,...
- Balancing act: Individual's work-life journey...
- Job market's new normal: Smaller workforce,...
- What's next, as Greece stumbles toward euro exit
- Here's an odd way to make it through... 15
- Job market's new normal: Smaller... 8
- The average Joe only works 4.5 hours a... 4
- Greek villagers' secret weapon: Grow... 3
- What's next, as Greece stumbles toward... 3
- Greek PM Tsipras races to restart talks... 1
- It just became easier to be a mother in... 1