Seth Perlman, AP
A national trend of improving housing markets took off this month as 76 metros surged to 201, according to the National Association of Home Builders/First American Improving Markets Index.
Forty-four states were represented by at least one metro area on this list, which was an increase from the 38 that were included in November.
"The dramatic expansion of improving markets at the end of this year should help encourage consumers who may have been on the fence about a home purchase that a housing recovery is now firmly underway," said Kurt Pfotenhauer, vice chairman of First American Title Insurance Company.
This month, 84 metros were added to the list including Atlanta, Seattle, Ann Arbor and Green Bay. There were also eight that were dropped from the list.
To read about how Utah is doing in the housing market, visit here.
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- 7 reasons why millennials are unemployed and...
- Want that new gadget? Here are some ways to...
- How to get the best deals this fall
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know
- How to be a billionaire
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 11
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 8
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- How to be a billionaire 3
- 5 reasons to be optimistic about the... 2
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to... 2