Seth Perlman, AP
A national trend of improving housing markets took off this month as 76 metros surged to 201, according to the National Association of Home Builders/First American Improving Markets Index.
Forty-four states were represented by at least one metro area on this list, which was an increase from the 38 that were included in November.
"The dramatic expansion of improving markets at the end of this year should help encourage consumers who may have been on the fence about a home purchase that a housing recovery is now firmly underway," said Kurt Pfotenhauer, vice chairman of First American Title Insurance Company.
This month, 84 metros were added to the list including Atlanta, Seattle, Ann Arbor and Green Bay. There were also eight that were dropped from the list.
To read about how Utah is doing in the housing market, visit here.
- Should cash be part of your emergency fund?
- Most popular Halloween costumes
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for students
- Why the CEO of the Container Store pays...
- Top 10 insurance myths that people think are...
- 9 things we routinely overpay for
- Should you install your own kitchen cabinets?
- How to take the scare out of the cost of...
- Why the CEO of the Container Store pays... 9
- Americans still prefer male bosses 8
- Landlords may be charging pet fees just... 7
- 9 things we routinely overpay for 6
- Employers and job seekers might as well... 5
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for... 4
- Should cash be part of your emergency... 4