TOOELE — The City Council is seeking applications to fill the remainder of Councilman Shawn Milne's term. Milne is resigning from the council due to his recent election to the Tooele County Commission.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and at least 18 years old, a registered voter in Tooele and a resident of the city for 12 consecutive months, and must not be a convicted felon.
Applicants must submit their name, address, telephone number and email address; a letter of interest and resume; and a copy of a driver’s license or other government-issued document that would provide verification of age to the city. Applications should be sent to Michelle Pitt, Tooele City Recorder, 90 N. Main Street, Tooele, UT 84074, by 5 p.m. on Dec. 19.
All applicants will be interviewed at a public meeting on Jan. 2, at 5 p.m. in the Tooele City Hall Council Chambers and/or Large Conference Room located at 90 N. Main. If needed, additional interviews may be scheduled by the City Council at future public meetings.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UTA offers fare for food in Utah Food Bank drive
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 32
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 25
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7