TOOELE — The City Council is seeking applications to fill the remainder of Councilman Shawn Milne's term. Milne is resigning from the council due to his recent election to the Tooele County Commission.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and at least 18 years old, a registered voter in Tooele and a resident of the city for 12 consecutive months, and must not be a convicted felon.
Applicants must submit their name, address, telephone number and email address; a letter of interest and resume; and a copy of a driver’s license or other government-issued document that would provide verification of age to the city. Applications should be sent to Michelle Pitt, Tooele City Recorder, 90 N. Main Street, Tooele, UT 84074, by 5 p.m. on Dec. 19.
All applicants will be interviewed at a public meeting on Jan. 2, at 5 p.m. in the Tooele City Hall Council Chambers and/or Large Conference Room located at 90 N. Main. If needed, additional interviews may be scheduled by the City Council at future public meetings.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Blunt force trauma caused S. Carolina woman's...
- Police: Woman found near Goshen died of...
- Man dies after allegedly ignoring police and...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 85
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9