TOOELE — The City Council is seeking applications to fill the remainder of Councilman Shawn Milne's term. Milne is resigning from the council due to his recent election to the Tooele County Commission.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and at least 18 years old, a registered voter in Tooele and a resident of the city for 12 consecutive months, and must not be a convicted felon.
Applicants must submit their name, address, telephone number and email address; a letter of interest and resume; and a copy of a driver’s license or other government-issued document that would provide verification of age to the city. Applications should be sent to Michelle Pitt, Tooele City Recorder, 90 N. Main Street, Tooele, UT 84074, by 5 p.m. on Dec. 19.
All applicants will be interviewed at a public meeting on Jan. 2, at 5 p.m. in the Tooele City Hall Council Chambers and/or Large Conference Room located at 90 N. Main. If needed, additional interviews may be scheduled by the City Council at future public meetings.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 25