TOOELE — The City Council is seeking applications to fill the remainder of Councilman Shawn Milne's term. Milne is resigning from the council due to his recent election to the Tooele County Commission.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and at least 18 years old, a registered voter in Tooele and a resident of the city for 12 consecutive months, and must not be a convicted felon.
Applicants must submit their name, address, telephone number and email address; a letter of interest and resume; and a copy of a driver’s license or other government-issued document that would provide verification of age to the city. Applications should be sent to Michelle Pitt, Tooele City Recorder, 90 N. Main Street, Tooele, UT 84074, by 5 p.m. on Dec. 19.
All applicants will be interviewed at a public meeting on Jan. 2, at 5 p.m. in the Tooele City Hall Council Chambers and/or Large Conference Room located at 90 N. Main. If needed, additional interviews may be scheduled by the City Council at future public meetings.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 47
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 24
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake... 19