BYU volleyball: Jennifer Hamson named WCC Player of the Month
PROVO, Utah — Opposite hitter Jennifer Hamson earned her second West Coast Conference Player of the Month award of the season, the league announced Thursday.
Hamson averaged 4.48 kills per set during November, leading the Cougars to a 5-1 record and a share of the conference title during the month. Hamson was also named WCC Player of the Year.
Along with her kills, Hamson averaged 2.57 digs per set and 1.43 blocks per set. She also had three double-doubles and two matches with more than 20 kills.
Hamson and the 12th-seeded Cougars face fifth-seeded Oregon on Friday at 4 p.m. CST in Omaha, Neb., in the region semifinals of the NCAA tournament.
Rachel Hawks is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28