BYU volleyball: Jennifer Hamson named WCC Player of the Month
PROVO, Utah — Opposite hitter Jennifer Hamson earned her second West Coast Conference Player of the Month award of the season, the league announced Thursday.
Hamson averaged 4.48 kills per set during November, leading the Cougars to a 5-1 record and a share of the conference title during the month. Hamson was also named WCC Player of the Year.
Along with her kills, Hamson averaged 2.57 digs per set and 1.43 blocks per set. She also had three double-doubles and two matches with more than 20 kills.
Hamson and the 12th-seeded Cougars face fifth-seeded Oregon on Friday at 4 p.m. CST in Omaha, Neb., in the region semifinals of the NCAA tournament.
Rachel Hawks is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26