BYU volleyball: Jennifer Hamson named WCC Player of the Month
PROVO, Utah — Opposite hitter Jennifer Hamson earned her second West Coast Conference Player of the Month award of the season, the league announced Thursday.
Hamson averaged 4.48 kills per set during November, leading the Cougars to a 5-1 record and a share of the conference title during the month. Hamson was also named WCC Player of the Year.
Along with her kills, Hamson averaged 2.57 digs per set and 1.43 blocks per set. She also had three double-doubles and two matches with more than 20 kills.
Hamson and the 12th-seeded Cougars face fifth-seeded Oregon on Friday at 4 p.m. CST in Omaha, Neb., in the region semifinals of the NCAA tournament.
Rachel Hawks is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37