BYU volleyball: Jennifer Hamson named WCC Player of the Month
PROVO, Utah — Opposite hitter Jennifer Hamson earned her second West Coast Conference Player of the Month award of the season, the league announced Thursday.
Hamson averaged 4.48 kills per set during November, leading the Cougars to a 5-1 record and a share of the conference title during the month. Hamson was also named WCC Player of the Year.
Along with her kills, Hamson averaged 2.57 digs per set and 1.43 blocks per set. She also had three double-doubles and two matches with more than 20 kills.
Hamson and the 12th-seeded Cougars face fifth-seeded Oregon on Friday at 4 p.m. CST in Omaha, Neb., in the region semifinals of the NCAA tournament.
Rachel Hawks is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 78
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20