BYU volleyball: Jennifer Hamson named WCC Player of the Month
PROVO, Utah — Opposite hitter Jennifer Hamson earned her second West Coast Conference Player of the Month award of the season, the league announced Thursday.
Hamson averaged 4.48 kills per set during November, leading the Cougars to a 5-1 record and a share of the conference title during the month. Hamson was also named WCC Player of the Year.
Along with her kills, Hamson averaged 2.57 digs per set and 1.43 blocks per set. She also had three double-doubles and two matches with more than 20 kills.
Hamson and the 12th-seeded Cougars face fifth-seeded Oregon on Friday at 4 p.m. CST in Omaha, Neb., in the region semifinals of the NCAA tournament.
Rachel Hawks is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34