Utah Jazz: Big Al Jefferson carries Jazz on his (injured) back in victory over Magic
He walked a few steps then lay down on the court for a couple of minutes before being taken to the locker room.
When he finally emerged at his locker with a wrap around his back, he talked about the injury.
A few minutes earlier DeMarre Carroll had given an indication of how serious Jefferson’s injury might be. Carroll said if Jefferson was his usual joking self, he’d be OK, but if he wasn’t talking he might be too injured to play later this week.
It should be the former, considering some things Jefferson said afterward.
He had a Mr. T reference about “getting a shot or something’’ and talked about his huge bed that got a lot of attention before the season began.
“That's the reason I bought the $25,000 bed, because I was sleeping on a soft bed,’’ he said. “I went to go to see this chiropractor who makes beds and he made it just for my back. That's why I'm not really too concerned about it.’’
Besides Jefferson and Millsap, the Jazz had no one else in double figures as Mo Williams finished with nine points and seven assists, while Marvin Williams, coming back from a concussion that forced him to miss three games, scored eight. Foye and Gordon Hayward combined to shoot a miserable 1 of 13 from the 2-guard spot, but Foye’s one make was big.
Orlando was led by Davis with 18, Jameer Davis with 17 and Arron Afflalo with 16. Vucevic scored only six but pulled down 16 rebounds, while Davis had 12 boards.
After playing host to the Raptors on Friday, the Jazz head to Los Angeles for a Sunday night game against the Lakers.
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- BYU football: Cougars face even more...
- Utes' center Jakob Poeltl says he'll return...
- Dick Harmon: Lone Peak's Quincy Lewis among...
- Nothing to frown about: 3 baby arrivals in 3...
- Yeomans: What does it mean for Jimmer...
- Soccer: Taylor Booth is a 13-year-old phenom...
- Bartley, Neilson leaving BYU's basketball team
- Utes' center Jakob Poeltl says he'll... 56
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 35
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 28
- BYU football: Cougars face even more... 21
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 16
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a... 16
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe... 11