Weber State, UVU men's basketball: Wildcats blow apart Utah Valley in 33-point win
"They've been doing a really good job of that so far, and when you do that, now you get balance," Rahe said. "And we had good balance tonight. We had four guys in double figures, we get another guy with nine and another guy with eight. And if we can continue to be like that, then we can be fairly hard to guard."
Weber State fell behind early, 9-4, then staged a 19-2 run to move ahead 23-11. It never looked back. The Wildcats led 43-32 at halftime, opened the second half with a 12-4 run, and then Bolomboy fueled a 10-0 spurt as Weber broke things wide open. With Tresnak dong most of the damage, the Wildcats extended their margin to 30-plus points down the stretch.
Junior guard Holton Hunsaker and senior forward Nick Thompson scored 12 points apiece for UVU (4-6), and Alfonzo Hubbard had 11 points and a team-leading seven rebounds. But the Wolverines shot just 40 percent from the field, including 19 percent (3 of 16) from 3-point range, and only got to the foul line eight times.
"That might be the best team in the state," UVU coach Dick Hunsaker said of the Wildcats after the Wolverines slipped to 0-4 all-time in Ogden. "I'm not playing the rest of 'em other than (Utah State), and I know Utah State beat 'em, but that's a very good Weber State team. They've got balance. They've got athleticism. They've got some size. They know their roles. They're on the attack. That's a nice team.
"They were the aggressors and they were the winners. ... They were ready to roll and they did a great job. ... Their pressure and their tenacity really wore us down."
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28