Weber State, UVU men's basketball: Wildcats blow apart Utah Valley in 33-point win
"They've been doing a really good job of that so far, and when you do that, now you get balance," Rahe said. "And we had good balance tonight. We had four guys in double figures, we get another guy with nine and another guy with eight. And if we can continue to be like that, then we can be fairly hard to guard."
Weber State fell behind early, 9-4, then staged a 19-2 run to move ahead 23-11. It never looked back. The Wildcats led 43-32 at halftime, opened the second half with a 12-4 run, and then Bolomboy fueled a 10-0 spurt as Weber broke things wide open. With Tresnak dong most of the damage, the Wildcats extended their margin to 30-plus points down the stretch.
Junior guard Holton Hunsaker and senior forward Nick Thompson scored 12 points apiece for UVU (4-6), and Alfonzo Hubbard had 11 points and a team-leading seven rebounds. But the Wolverines shot just 40 percent from the field, including 19 percent (3 of 16) from 3-point range, and only got to the foul line eight times.
"That might be the best team in the state," UVU coach Dick Hunsaker said of the Wildcats after the Wolverines slipped to 0-4 all-time in Ogden. "I'm not playing the rest of 'em other than (Utah State), and I know Utah State beat 'em, but that's a very good Weber State team. They've got balance. They've got athleticism. They've got some size. They know their roles. They're on the attack. That's a nice team.
"They were the aggressors and they were the winners. ... They were ready to roll and they did a great job. ... Their pressure and their tenacity really wore us down."
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 290
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 56
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 42
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37