Utah Jazz: Paul Millsap breaks out of slump, Jazz lead Magic at half
SALT LAKE CITY — Forward Paul Millsap scored 16 points to lead the Utah Jazz to a 45-34 lead over the Orlando Magic at halftime.
Millsap, who has started slowly this season with numbers well below his career averages, was the main scoring option for the Jazz in the first half. He repeatedly beat Orlando big man Glen Davis to the basket and drew fouls.
Utah built a lead on a 17-9 run to end the first quarter, buoyed by Millsap and Marvin Williams, who returned to the lineup after missing several games with a concussion.
Al Jefferson added eight points and 10 rebounds for the Jazz. Aaron Afflalo led the Magic with 12 points.
Email: lshumway@desnews; Twitter: TheShums
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25