Utah Jazz: Paul Millsap breaks out of slump, Jazz lead Magic at half
SALT LAKE CITY — Forward Paul Millsap scored 16 points to lead the Utah Jazz to a 45-34 lead over the Orlando Magic at halftime.
Millsap, who has started slowly this season with numbers well below his career averages, was the main scoring option for the Jazz in the first half. He repeatedly beat Orlando big man Glen Davis to the basket and drew fouls.
Utah built a lead on a 17-9 run to end the first quarter, buoyed by Millsap and Marvin Williams, who returned to the lineup after missing several games with a concussion.
Al Jefferson added eight points and 10 rebounds for the Jazz. Aaron Afflalo led the Magic with 12 points.
Email: lshumway@desnews; Twitter: TheShums
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20