Utah Jazz: Paul Millsap breaks out of slump, Jazz lead Magic at half
SALT LAKE CITY — Forward Paul Millsap scored 16 points to lead the Utah Jazz to a 45-34 lead over the Orlando Magic at halftime.
Millsap, who has started slowly this season with numbers well below his career averages, was the main scoring option for the Jazz in the first half. He repeatedly beat Orlando big man Glen Davis to the basket and drew fouls.
Utah built a lead on a 17-9 run to end the first quarter, buoyed by Millsap and Marvin Williams, who returned to the lineup after missing several games with a concussion.
Al Jefferson added eight points and 10 rebounds for the Jazz. Aaron Afflalo led the Magic with 12 points.
Email: lshumway@desnews; Twitter: TheShums
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 110
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33