Utah Jazz: Paul Millsap breaks out of slump, Jazz lead Magic at half
SALT LAKE CITY — Forward Paul Millsap scored 16 points to lead the Utah Jazz to a 45-34 lead over the Orlando Magic at halftime.
Millsap, who has started slowly this season with numbers well below his career averages, was the main scoring option for the Jazz in the first half. He repeatedly beat Orlando big man Glen Davis to the basket and drew fouls.
Utah built a lead on a 17-9 run to end the first quarter, buoyed by Millsap and Marvin Williams, who returned to the lineup after missing several games with a concussion.
Al Jefferson added eight points and 10 rebounds for the Jazz. Aaron Afflalo led the Magic with 12 points.
Email: lshumway@desnews; Twitter: TheShums
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7