SALT LAKE CITY — A Taylorsville man faces criminal charges after police say he coerced teenage boys he met at skate parks to expose themselves to him by offering them gifts or threatening to report their families' citizenship status.
Keegan Nydegger, 22, was charged with three counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and one count of forcible sodomy, all first-degree felonies; and single counts of forcible sexual abuse and enticing a minor, both second-degree felonies.
Nydegger also faces one count of sexual battery and six counts of lewdness involving a child, all class A misdemeanors. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on Friday, with bail set at $150,000.
According to charges filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court, Nydegger met three of his victims at a Salt Lake County skate park, telling them he wanted to take their picture for a magazine.
Nydegger began spending time with the boys, giving them rides to skate parks, playing video games with them and buying them food or other incentives, charges state.
While in his car and at the apartment complex where two of the boys lived, Nydegger would instruct the boys — two 13-year-olds and an 11-year-old — to expose themselves or watch as he exposed himself, charges state. He reportedly bought gifts for the boys to keep them quiet and threatened to call Immigration and Customs Enforcement on their parents if they didn't comply.
Nydegger is accused of touching two of the boys inappropriately and on one occasion offering one of the boys money in exchange for sexual acts, charges state.
Nydegger also was charged with sexually violating a mentally impaired adult roommate while he was living with him and the roommate's sister in the same apartment complex where two of the boys lived.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Study: Fathers as likely as mothers to kill...
- Dinosaur discoveries in Utah's 'amazing...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 98
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 12