Ben Brewer, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Instead of pitches and clutch hits, Cottonwood High School baseball players delivered holiday cheer to veterans at a Salt Lake hospital.
The young athletes delivered poinsettias to each patient at the George E. Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center. The players raised the money over the past month in order to purchase the flowers.
This is the third year the student athletes have conducted this service project.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7