Ben Brewer, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Instead of pitches and clutch hits, Cottonwood High School baseball players delivered holiday cheer to veterans at a Salt Lake hospital.
The young athletes delivered poinsettias to each patient at the George E. Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center. The players raised the money over the past month in order to purchase the flowers.
This is the third year the student athletes have conducted this service project.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8