Ben Brewer, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Instead of pitches and clutch hits, Cottonwood High School baseball players delivered holiday cheer to veterans at a Salt Lake hospital.
The young athletes delivered poinsettias to each patient at the George E. Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center. The players raised the money over the past month in order to purchase the flowers.
This is the third year the student athletes have conducted this service project.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15