Ben Brewer, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Instead of pitches and clutch hits, Cottonwood High School baseball players delivered holiday cheer to veterans at a Salt Lake hospital.
The young athletes delivered poinsettias to each patient at the George E. Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center. The players raised the money over the past month in order to purchase the flowers.
This is the third year the student athletes have conducted this service project.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26