Ben Brewer, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Instead of pitches and clutch hits, Cottonwood High School baseball players delivered holiday cheer to veterans at a Salt Lake hospital.
The young athletes delivered poinsettias to each patient at the George E. Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center. The players raised the money over the past month in order to purchase the flowers.
This is the third year the student athletes have conducted this service project.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14