MIDVALE — Police have arrested a second woman who had been sought in the shooting of Justen Lefave, as well as the man they say drove her to the apartment where Lefave was staying.
Police arrested Alexis Hughes, 25, and Anthony Martinez, 30, on Tuesday in connection with the August homicide. Police say Hughes was with Gabriel Gurule and Amy Rowley, who were arrested last week, at the Midvale apartment where Lefave, 31, was shot and killed the morning of Aug. 26.
According to police, the two women knocked on the door of a unit at the Wasatch Club Apartments, 6999 S. State, and said they were looking for someone, providing a fictitious name. When Lefave responded, Gurule stepped out from behind the women and shot him, police said.
Martinez is accused of driving Hughes and Rowley to the apartment, then waiting for them to return.
The four suspects were plotting to rob Lefave the night before the attack, police said.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 12