MIDVALE — Police have arrested a second woman who had been sought in the shooting of Justen Lefave, as well as the man they say drove her to the apartment where Lefave was staying.
Police arrested Alexis Hughes, 25, and Anthony Martinez, 30, on Tuesday in connection with the August homicide. Police say Hughes was with Gabriel Gurule and Amy Rowley, who were arrested last week, at the Midvale apartment where Lefave, 31, was shot and killed the morning of Aug. 26.
According to police, the two women knocked on the door of a unit at the Wasatch Club Apartments, 6999 S. State, and said they were looking for someone, providing a fictitious name. When Lefave responded, Gurule stepped out from behind the women and shot him, police said.
Martinez is accused of driving Hughes and Rowley to the apartment, then waiting for them to return.
The four suspects were plotting to rob Lefave the night before the attack, police said.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15