MIDVALE — Police have arrested a second woman who had been sought in the shooting of Justen Lefave, as well as the man they say drove her to the apartment where Lefave was staying.
Police arrested Alexis Hughes, 25, and Anthony Martinez, 30, on Tuesday in connection with the August homicide. Police say Hughes was with Gabriel Gurule and Amy Rowley, who were arrested last week, at the Midvale apartment where Lefave, 31, was shot and killed the morning of Aug. 26.
According to police, the two women knocked on the door of a unit at the Wasatch Club Apartments, 6999 S. State, and said they were looking for someone, providing a fictitious name. When Lefave responded, Gurule stepped out from behind the women and shot him, police said.
Martinez is accused of driving Hughes and Rowley to the apartment, then waiting for them to return.
The four suspects were plotting to rob Lefave the night before the attack, police said.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Ex-Attorney General Mark Shurtleff pleads not...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 57
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Father, son used LDS Church membership... 27
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Teenage girl bullied relentlessly gets... 13
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13