MIDVALE — Police have arrested a second woman who had been sought in the shooting of Justen Lefave, as well as the man they say drove her to the apartment where Lefave was staying.
Police arrested Alexis Hughes, 25, and Anthony Martinez, 30, on Tuesday in connection with the August homicide. Police say Hughes was with Gabriel Gurule and Amy Rowley, who were arrested last week, at the Midvale apartment where Lefave, 31, was shot and killed the morning of Aug. 26.
According to police, the two women knocked on the door of a unit at the Wasatch Club Apartments, 6999 S. State, and said they were looking for someone, providing a fictitious name. When Lefave responded, Gurule stepped out from behind the women and shot him, police said.
Martinez is accused of driving Hughes and Rowley to the apartment, then waiting for them to return.
The four suspects were plotting to rob Lefave the night before the attack, police said.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11