MIDVALE — Police have arrested a second woman who had been sought in the shooting of Justen Lefave, as well as the man they say drove her to the apartment where Lefave was staying.
Police arrested Alexis Hughes, 25, and Anthony Martinez, 30, on Tuesday in connection with the August homicide. Police say Hughes was with Gabriel Gurule and Amy Rowley, who were arrested last week, at the Midvale apartment where Lefave, 31, was shot and killed the morning of Aug. 26.
According to police, the two women knocked on the door of a unit at the Wasatch Club Apartments, 6999 S. State, and said they were looking for someone, providing a fictitious name. When Lefave responded, Gurule stepped out from behind the women and shot him, police said.
Martinez is accused of driving Hughes and Rowley to the apartment, then waiting for them to return.
The four suspects were plotting to rob Lefave the night before the attack, police said.
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- Vegas’ water drying up
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 45
- U. student government passes resolution... 43
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 26
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17