Update: Utah State basketball player Danny Berger collapsed at practice Tuesday, in hospital
Utah State shooting guard Danny Berger is in stable, but critical condition at Intermountain Medical Center in Murray after suffering a serious medical situation during a team practice Tuesday afternoon.
Berger reportedly collapsed during practice at the Dee Glenn Smith Spectrum in Logan. According to a Utah State spokesman Berger was tended to on the court by USU athletic training staff, where CPR was administered and an automated external defibrillator (AED) was used until medical personnel arrived. Berger was then transported via ambulance to Logan Regional Hospital before being transported by helicopter to IMC in Murray.
Tests and evaluations are ongoing and more information will be released by Utah State when available. What caused the collapse is not yet known.
The full extent of Bergers condition is not yet known, but various social media postings had encouraging signs.
Redshirt freshman guard Quincy Blair tweeted Just talked to Danny's brother sounds like he's doing good.
Fox 13 first reported on Bergers medical situation.
Berger is a junior forward from Medford, Ore., in his second year with the Aggies. The junior college transfer from Chemeketa Community College is averaging 7.6 points and 3.6 rebounds and has started in all five Aggie contests. Prior to joining Utah State, Berger served a two-year LDS Church Mission in Detroit.
The Aggies were running a final practice before boarding the team bus and traveling to Provo on Tuesday when the incident occurred. Aside from players that drove to Murray to be with Berger, the team stayed in Logan on Tuesday night.
Utah State was scheduled to play in-state rival BYU at the Marriott Center on Wednesday night, but both universities have confirmed the game will be postponed. An official announcement of when the game will be played has not yet been made.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 53
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37