Update: Utah State basketball player Danny Berger collapsed at practice Tuesday, in hospital
Utah State shooting guard Danny Berger is in stable, but critical condition at Intermountain Medical Center in Murray after suffering a serious medical situation during a team practice Tuesday afternoon.
Berger reportedly collapsed during practice at the Dee Glenn Smith Spectrum in Logan. According to a Utah State spokesman Berger was tended to on the court by USU athletic training staff, where CPR was administered and an automated external defibrillator (AED) was used until medical personnel arrived. Berger was then transported via ambulance to Logan Regional Hospital before being transported by helicopter to IMC in Murray.
Tests and evaluations are ongoing and more information will be released by Utah State when available. What caused the collapse is not yet known.
The full extent of Bergers condition is not yet known, but various social media postings had encouraging signs.
Redshirt freshman guard Quincy Blair tweeted Just talked to Danny's brother sounds like he's doing good.
Fox 13 first reported on Bergers medical situation.
Berger is a junior forward from Medford, Ore., in his second year with the Aggies. The junior college transfer from Chemeketa Community College is averaging 7.6 points and 3.6 rebounds and has started in all five Aggie contests. Prior to joining Utah State, Berger served a two-year LDS Church Mission in Detroit.
The Aggies were running a final practice before boarding the team bus and traveling to Provo on Tuesday when the incident occurred. Aside from players that drove to Murray to be with Berger, the team stayed in Logan on Tuesday night.
Utah State was scheduled to play in-state rival BYU at the Marriott Center on Wednesday night, but both universities have confirmed the game will be postponed. An official announcement of when the game will be played has not yet been made.
- Roger Federer pulls out of French Open
- Pacquiao's Senate victory brings him closer...
- Phil Mickelson to forfeit nearly $1 million...
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 49
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 36
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 29
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 19
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Morning links: Bronco Mendenhall and... 15
- Utah State forward Jalen Moore removes... 7
- Doug Robinson: Principals give era of... 6