ANTELOPE ISLAND STATE PARK — Outdoor enthusiasts can ring in the New Year with hikes at Utah state parks.
In conjunction with America's State Parks' second annual First Day Hikes initiative, Antelope Island and Coral Pink Sand Dunes state parks are hosting special New Year's Day hikes.
The Antelope Island excursion will be a moderate, two-mile hike on Buffalo Point Loop. Hikers should meet at 1:30 p.m. at Bridger Bay Campground Site No. 8. RSVP at 801-721-9569
The Coral Pink Sand Dunes outing will be a two-mile GPS hike on History Hike Trail. The hike is rated moderate due to sandy terrain. Hikers should meet at 10 a.m. at the visitors center. RSVP at 435-648-2800
Hikers need to bring water, snacks, and weather-appropriate clothing. Dogs are welcome on the hikes but must be on a leash at all times.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 49
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 38
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 17
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9