ANTELOPE ISLAND STATE PARK — Outdoor enthusiasts can ring in the New Year with hikes at Utah state parks.
In conjunction with America's State Parks' second annual First Day Hikes initiative, Antelope Island and Coral Pink Sand Dunes state parks are hosting special New Year's Day hikes.
The Antelope Island excursion will be a moderate, two-mile hike on Buffalo Point Loop. Hikers should meet at 1:30 p.m. at Bridger Bay Campground Site No. 8. RSVP at 801-721-9569
The Coral Pink Sand Dunes outing will be a two-mile GPS hike on History Hike Trail. The hike is rated moderate due to sandy terrain. Hikers should meet at 10 a.m. at the visitors center. RSVP at 435-648-2800
Hikers need to bring water, snacks, and weather-appropriate clothing. Dogs are welcome on the hikes but must be on a leash at all times.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18