ANTELOPE ISLAND STATE PARK — Outdoor enthusiasts can ring in the New Year with hikes at Utah state parks.
In conjunction with America's State Parks' second annual First Day Hikes initiative, Antelope Island and Coral Pink Sand Dunes state parks are hosting special New Year's Day hikes.
The Antelope Island excursion will be a moderate, two-mile hike on Buffalo Point Loop. Hikers should meet at 1:30 p.m. at Bridger Bay Campground Site No. 8. RSVP at 801-721-9569
The Coral Pink Sand Dunes outing will be a two-mile GPS hike on History Hike Trail. The hike is rated moderate due to sandy terrain. Hikers should meet at 10 a.m. at the visitors center. RSVP at 435-648-2800
Hikers need to bring water, snacks, and weather-appropriate clothing. Dogs are welcome on the hikes but must be on a leash at all times.
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Orem construction fire believed to be arson,...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15