ANTELOPE ISLAND STATE PARK — Outdoor enthusiasts can ring in the New Year with hikes at Utah state parks.
In conjunction with America's State Parks' second annual First Day Hikes initiative, Antelope Island and Coral Pink Sand Dunes state parks are hosting special New Year's Day hikes.
The Antelope Island excursion will be a moderate, two-mile hike on Buffalo Point Loop. Hikers should meet at 1:30 p.m. at Bridger Bay Campground Site No. 8. RSVP at 801-721-9569
The Coral Pink Sand Dunes outing will be a two-mile GPS hike on History Hike Trail. The hike is rated moderate due to sandy terrain. Hikers should meet at 10 a.m. at the visitors center. RSVP at 435-648-2800
Hikers need to bring water, snacks, and weather-appropriate clothing. Dogs are welcome on the hikes but must be on a leash at all times.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 16
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 10