ANTELOPE ISLAND STATE PARK — Outdoor enthusiasts can ring in the New Year with hikes at Utah state parks.
In conjunction with America's State Parks' second annual First Day Hikes initiative, Antelope Island and Coral Pink Sand Dunes state parks are hosting special New Year's Day hikes.
The Antelope Island excursion will be a moderate, two-mile hike on Buffalo Point Loop. Hikers should meet at 1:30 p.m. at Bridger Bay Campground Site No. 8. RSVP at 801-721-9569
The Coral Pink Sand Dunes outing will be a two-mile GPS hike on History Hike Trail. The hike is rated moderate due to sandy terrain. Hikers should meet at 10 a.m. at the visitors center. RSVP at 435-648-2800
Hikers need to bring water, snacks, and weather-appropriate clothing. Dogs are welcome on the hikes but must be on a leash at all times.
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash shared...
- The Draw at Sugar House unveiled
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage in...
- Deseret News/KSL 2014 Sterling Scholar award...
- House approves distracted driving bill
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 65
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 34
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 28
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 27
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 27
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 25