USU soccer: Natalie Norris named Senior CLASS second-team All-American
Utah State senior defender Natalie Norris was named Senior CLASS second-team All-American on Monday.
The Sandy, Utah, native added to her hardware just one week after being named first-team Women's Soccer Capital One Academic all-American honors, selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America.
Last month, Norris was named the Western Athletic Conference Tournament Most Valuable Player after leading Utah State to its second-straight WAC tournament title. Norris earned the WAC Defensive Player of the Year award for the third consecutive season and led the Aggies to a 13-3-6 record.
Norris is one of two players from the Beehive State to earn All-American honors along with Lindsi Lisonbee Cutshall of BYU, who was named to the first team.
Central Florida forward Tishia Jewell, who led the Knights to the second round of the NCAA tournament this season, was selected as the 2012 Senior CLASS Award winner in NCAA Division I women’s soccer.
Senior CLASS All-Americans
Amber Brooks, North Carolina
Tara Campbell, Duke
Tishia Jewell, UCF
Lindsi Lisonbee Cutshall, Brigham Young
Mariah Nogueira, Stanford
Adrianna “AD” Franch, Oklahoma State
Ally Miller, Marquette
Natalie Norris, Utah State
Mallory Schaffer, William and Mary
Colleen Williams, Dayton
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 13