The Utah Jazz fall to the Los Angeles Clippers 105-104. It's the first home loss of the season for the Jazz.
Down 101-99 with the ball, and less than 30 seconds remaining, Al Jefferson took a four-foot shot from the middle of the key. But it was blocked, and the Clippers grabbed the loose ball.
After fouls and free throws for the Clippers, Randy Foye stole an inbound pass with 0.7 remaining but missed the running 3-pointer.
Blake Griffin led the Clippers to victory with 30 points and 11 rebounds. Chris Paul chipped in 14 points and nine assists.
Mo Williams led the Jazz in scoring with 20 points and 12 assists. The Jazz had five players reach double figures in scoring compared to just three for the Clippers. The Jazz struggled defensively in the fourth quarter, where they were outscored by a whopping 32-21.
The Jazz outshot the Clippers 56.8 to 47.2 percent from the field but had 17 turnovers compared to just 10 by the Clippers.
With the loss, the Jazz fall to 9-10 on the season and the Clippers improve to 11-6.
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Plenty of blame to go around for Cougars...
- Utah-USC: Battle of ranked teams at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz wrap up preseason play at 5-3...
- BYU football report card: Boise State's big...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 114
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 61
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21
- BYU walk-on Carter makes most of... 19
- Beast mode: Utah running back Devontae... 18