BRIGHAM CITY — A small-town mayor in northern Utah has acknowledged having an extramarital affair but plans to stay in office.
Brigham City Mayor Dennis Fife confessed to having an affair with a woman he once counseled during his time as a bishop with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Standard-Examiner reported.
Fife said in a statement that the relationship began after he was released from his bishop duties. He asks for forgiveness and says he's seeking repentance.
He told the City Council about his affair during a closed meeting last week and sent out the statement to address rumors swirling in the community.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 42
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 27
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17