BRIGHAM CITY — A small-town mayor in northern Utah has acknowledged having an extramarital affair but plans to stay in office.
Brigham City Mayor Dennis Fife confessed to having an affair with a woman he once counseled during his time as a bishop with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Standard-Examiner reported.
Fife said in a statement that the relationship began after he was released from his bishop duties. He asks for forgiveness and says he's seeking repentance.
He told the City Council about his affair during a closed meeting last week and sent out the statement to address rumors swirling in the community.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7