BRIGHAM CITY — A small-town mayor in northern Utah has acknowledged having an extramarital affair but plans to stay in office.
Brigham City Mayor Dennis Fife confessed to having an affair with a woman he once counseled during his time as a bishop with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Standard-Examiner reported.
Fife said in a statement that the relationship began after he was released from his bishop duties. He asks for forgiveness and says he's seeking repentance.
He told the City Council about his affair during a closed meeting last week and sent out the statement to address rumors swirling in the community.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12