BRIGHAM CITY — A small-town mayor in northern Utah has acknowledged having an extramarital affair but plans to stay in office.
Brigham City Mayor Dennis Fife confessed to having an affair with a woman he once counseled during his time as a bishop with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Standard-Examiner reported.
Fife said in a statement that the relationship began after he was released from his bishop duties. He asks for forgiveness and says he's seeking repentance.
He told the City Council about his affair during a closed meeting last week and sent out the statement to address rumors swirling in the community.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Two more guns seized at Salt Lake City...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- S.L. draws up airport plans 21
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 17
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 16
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 11