UVU basketball: Hunsaker receives GWC Player of the Week honors
OREM, Utah - After leading Utah Valley University to a win over Pepperdine, junior guard Holton Hunsaker was named the Great West Conference Player of the Week. Hunsaker and Houston Baptist's Art Bernardi shared the weekly award, the league office announced Monday.
Hunsaker scored a season-high 22 points and dished out five assists in a 67-63 overtime win against Pepperdine on Saturday night. He scored 18 of his points after halftime, including seven in the extra frame.
A second-team All-GWC and academic all-conference selection as a sophomore, Hunsaker hit five 3-pointers on the night including two late in regulation and one in overtime. He also scored seven points in a loss at North Carolina Central last Tuesday, averaging 14.5 points during the week.
The Wolverines return to action Wednesday at in-state foe Weber State before traveling to Troy University for a contest Saturday night.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26