UVU basketball: Hunsaker receives GWC Player of the Week honors
OREM, Utah - After leading Utah Valley University to a win over Pepperdine, junior guard Holton Hunsaker was named the Great West Conference Player of the Week. Hunsaker and Houston Baptist's Art Bernardi shared the weekly award, the league office announced Monday.
Hunsaker scored a season-high 22 points and dished out five assists in a 67-63 overtime win against Pepperdine on Saturday night. He scored 18 of his points after halftime, including seven in the extra frame.
A second-team All-GWC and academic all-conference selection as a sophomore, Hunsaker hit five 3-pointers on the night including two late in regulation and one in overtime. He also scored seven points in a loss at North Carolina Central last Tuesday, averaging 14.5 points during the week.
The Wolverines return to action Wednesday at in-state foe Weber State before traveling to Troy University for a contest Saturday night.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19