UVU basketball: Hunsaker receives GWC Player of the Week honors
OREM, Utah - After leading Utah Valley University to a win over Pepperdine, junior guard Holton Hunsaker was named the Great West Conference Player of the Week. Hunsaker and Houston Baptist's Art Bernardi shared the weekly award, the league office announced Monday.
Hunsaker scored a season-high 22 points and dished out five assists in a 67-63 overtime win against Pepperdine on Saturday night. He scored 18 of his points after halftime, including seven in the extra frame.
A second-team All-GWC and academic all-conference selection as a sophomore, Hunsaker hit five 3-pointers on the night including two late in regulation and one in overtime. He also scored seven points in a loss at North Carolina Central last Tuesday, averaging 14.5 points during the week.
The Wolverines return to action Wednesday at in-state foe Weber State before traveling to Troy University for a contest Saturday night.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 127
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 58
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33