UVU basketball: Hunsaker receives GWC Player of the Week honors
OREM, Utah - After leading Utah Valley University to a win over Pepperdine, junior guard Holton Hunsaker was named the Great West Conference Player of the Week. Hunsaker and Houston Baptist's Art Bernardi shared the weekly award, the league office announced Monday.
Hunsaker scored a season-high 22 points and dished out five assists in a 67-63 overtime win against Pepperdine on Saturday night. He scored 18 of his points after halftime, including seven in the extra frame.
A second-team All-GWC and academic all-conference selection as a sophomore, Hunsaker hit five 3-pointers on the night including two late in regulation and one in overtime. He also scored seven points in a loss at North Carolina Central last Tuesday, averaging 14.5 points during the week.
The Wolverines return to action Wednesday at in-state foe Weber State before traveling to Troy University for a contest Saturday night.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25