UVU basketball: Hunsaker receives GWC Player of the Week honors
OREM, Utah - After leading Utah Valley University to a win over Pepperdine, junior guard Holton Hunsaker was named the Great West Conference Player of the Week. Hunsaker and Houston Baptist's Art Bernardi shared the weekly award, the league office announced Monday.
Hunsaker scored a season-high 22 points and dished out five assists in a 67-63 overtime win against Pepperdine on Saturday night. He scored 18 of his points after halftime, including seven in the extra frame.
A second-team All-GWC and academic all-conference selection as a sophomore, Hunsaker hit five 3-pointers on the night including two late in regulation and one in overtime. He also scored seven points in a loss at North Carolina Central last Tuesday, averaging 14.5 points during the week.
The Wolverines return to action Wednesday at in-state foe Weber State before traveling to Troy University for a contest Saturday night.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28