Water treatment worker taken to hospital in hazmat incident
NORTH SALT LAKE — One man was sent to the hospital following a hazardous materials incident Monday.
About 12:45 p.m., a worker was trying to unload some chemicals into one of North Salt Lake's water treatment buildings, 1100 N. 40 East, when it somehow got mixed with another chemical, said South Davis Metro Fire Chief Jim Rampton.
The chemicals that were involved were still being investigated Monday. The reaction formed a "little cloud of something," which caused the worker breathing problems, Rampton said.
He was taken to a local hospital to be checked. Several streets in the area were temporarily blocked off and workers at other businesses were told to stay indoors, but the incident was contained to the one building, Rampton said.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17