Utah State women’s basketball (2-5) returns to the road this week for a pair of away games. On Tuesday, Dec. 4, at 7 p.m., the Aggies take on in-state rival, BYU (3-4), at the Marriott Center. USU will get some screen time as the game will be shown live on BYUtv.
Following the game against the Cougars, the Aggies travel to the Hoosier State to face No. 5 Notre Dame in South Bend. The Irish are the highest ranked team that USU has faced since the re-instatement.
BYU holds an overwhelming 30-3 overall record against Utah State in 33 meetings. The last time the Aggies defeated the Cougars was Dec. 7, 1978, when USU handed BYU an 80-72 loss in the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
Both the Aggies and the Cougars have lost their last two games. BYU fell to Washington State (67-52) and Creighton in overtime (65-62). BYU won its first two games at home against Weber State and on the road against Dartmouth. The Cougars also have a road win against Arizona.
Jennifer Hamson scored 23 points in the Cougars season-opening win against Weber State. Since then the 6-foot-7 center has been with the BYU volleyball team that has advanced to the Sweet Sixteen. The middle blocker helped the Cougars defeat Oklahoma in three sets in the second round. Lexi Eaton is second in scoring, averaging 17.4 ppg. As a team, BYU averages 62.1 ppg, while allowing only 60.7 ppg.
In the Aggies’ loss to Montana State on Dec. 1, senior guard Jenna Johnson had a break out day. Her 20-points were a career high for the guard, who also tied a career high with 10 rebounds and a had a career-high eight steals. The double-double was her second of the season and the third of her career. So far this season, Johnson has had her most productive season as an Aggie, averaging 12.9 points and 6.7 rebounds per game.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28