Jimmer Watch: Another up and down week for Kings guard Jimmer Fredette
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — During Week 5 of the NBA season, former BYU great Jimmer Fredette again had mixed results. He started the week not logging a single minute in Sacramento's 97-89 loss to Minnesota and ended it by missing all six of his shots in a 116-81 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers. In between those games, however, he proved effective in a 97-92 loss to Indiana.
Against the Pacers Fredette logged 18 minutes and scored 12 points on 5-10 shooting. He also had three assists and just one turnover. Fredette followed that up with 0-6 shooting in 16 minutes against the Clippers, but still passed out four assists and had no turnovers.
Fredette backs up starting point guard Aaron Brooks, but at times yields that role to Isaiah Thomas, depending on the matchup, according to Kings coach Keith Smart.
"Trying to say 'OK, this guy is going to play X amount of games and then that guy is going to play,' that's hard for those two young guys," Smart told the Sacramento Bee about the backup point-guard situation. "They've just got to be ready to play every game."
Through 14 games this year Fredette averages 10.5 minutes and 6.3 points per game. He's shooting 46.3 percent from the field, 41.7 percent from 3-point range and 88.9 percent from the line. He averages 1.4 assists per game.
The Kings have struggled mightily and find themselves at the bottom of the Pacific Division with a 4-12 record. Next up for Sacramento are two winnable games at home against Toronto (4-13) on Wednesday and Orlando (6-10) on Friday. It then travels to take on Portland (7-10) on Saturday to wrap up Week 6.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19