Jimmer Watch: Another up and down week for Kings guard Jimmer Fredette
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — During Week 5 of the NBA season, former BYU great Jimmer Fredette again had mixed results. He started the week not logging a single minute in Sacramento's 97-89 loss to Minnesota and ended it by missing all six of his shots in a 116-81 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers. In between those games, however, he proved effective in a 97-92 loss to Indiana.
Against the Pacers Fredette logged 18 minutes and scored 12 points on 5-10 shooting. He also had three assists and just one turnover. Fredette followed that up with 0-6 shooting in 16 minutes against the Clippers, but still passed out four assists and had no turnovers.
Fredette backs up starting point guard Aaron Brooks, but at times yields that role to Isaiah Thomas, depending on the matchup, according to Kings coach Keith Smart.
"Trying to say 'OK, this guy is going to play X amount of games and then that guy is going to play,' that's hard for those two young guys," Smart told the Sacramento Bee about the backup point-guard situation. "They've just got to be ready to play every game."
Through 14 games this year Fredette averages 10.5 minutes and 6.3 points per game. He's shooting 46.3 percent from the field, 41.7 percent from 3-point range and 88.9 percent from the line. He averages 1.4 assists per game.
The Kings have struggled mightily and find themselves at the bottom of the Pacific Division with a 4-12 record. Next up for Sacramento are two winnable games at home against Toronto (4-13) on Wednesday and Orlando (6-10) on Friday. It then travels to take on Portland (7-10) on Saturday to wrap up Week 6.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 53
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37