Naked man wearing only tennis shoes arrested in Salt Lake
SALT LAKE CITY — A man arrested Saturday wearing nothing but a pair of tennis shoes told police he was walking around naked because he "did it on a bet."
That bet, however, got Todd Kay Dennis, 47, arrested for investigation of 15 counts of lewdness and three counts of lewdness involving a child. The incident happened, according to police, early Saturday afternoon near 1300 South and State Street. Police dispatchers received multiple calls from witnesses who saw the man, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
Utah state court records show Dennis has an extensive criminal history, most recently being convicted of possession of drug paraphernalia in August.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8