Balancing act: Wake up and read results of the tiredness quiz
"Since our children range in age from 21-34, and they are spread out, we never really took the soccer and football chairs and blankets out of the trunk," Pam wrote. "The dance and drama recitals are with grandchildren now instead of our own, and Sunday dinners are very large, fun and crazy.
"I was just talking to my son ... and I read to him the part of your article about your wife saying that peace might come when the last one goes out the door! He just chuckled at that and said, 'Your house is definitely busier than it was when we all lived at home!' So that is the truth, like your wife said, BUCK UP, it only gets busier even after the last one leaves!"
Pam wrote that she enjoys having family close and spending time with them, even if it is chaotic sometimes.
"So I, like you and others, will still need to find the time to slow down and relax," she wrote. "I just had this conversation with some friends last weekend at a getaway, that we almost have to learn to relax, instead of filling every moment with getting things done that we didn't have time to do at home! It is a process, and I am interested to see what others say, until then we just try to keep up!"
It definitely is a process, Pam, and the advice and ideas I've received so far have given me plenty of food for thought. I'd like to hear from others, too. How do you tackle your tiredness?
Let me know, and I'll revisit this issue again in a future column.
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Utah job forecast better than most states
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- A Closer Look: Your (online) life after death
- The market power of pumpkin spice
- Balancing act: Sometimes a 'serious' office...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- These are America's 10 poorest congressmen 3
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Utah job forecast better than most states 2
- Save money by replacing appliances that... 1
- Retail sales are up since last month 1