SALT LAKE COUNTY — A West Jordan man died from injuries sustained in a rollover accident shortly before midnight Saturday.
Joshua J. Wallace, 22, was a passenger in a car en route to Salt Lake City following a Megadeth concert at Saltair Saturday night. The driver of the car lost control on a curve while heading south on state Route 202, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Ted Tingey. Wallace was not restrained and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver was wearing a seatbelt and was treated for injuries at the scene.
Jacob Carl Jensen, 28, of Boulder, Wyo., was arrested for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail early Sunday, Tingey said.
"A tragic event like this crash could've been prevented simply by having someone else, who is sober, drive the vehicle," the sergeant said. "This type of behavior during the holiday season will not be tolerated and those drivers who choose to take a chance and drive drunk will be pulled over, arrested and booked into jail."
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8