SALT LAKE COUNTY — A West Jordan man died from injuries sustained in a rollover accident shortly before midnight Saturday.
Joshua J. Wallace, 22, was a passenger in a car en route to Salt Lake City following a Megadeth concert at Saltair Saturday night. The driver of the car lost control on a curve while heading south on state Route 202, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Ted Tingey. Wallace was not restrained and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver was wearing a seatbelt and was treated for injuries at the scene.
Jacob Carl Jensen, 28, of Boulder, Wyo., was arrested for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail early Sunday, Tingey said.
"A tragic event like this crash could've been prevented simply by having someone else, who is sober, drive the vehicle," the sergeant said. "This type of behavior during the holiday season will not be tolerated and those drivers who choose to take a chance and drive drunk will be pulled over, arrested and booked into jail."
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 47
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 24
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake... 19