SALT LAKE COUNTY — A West Jordan man died from injuries sustained in a rollover accident shortly before midnight Saturday.
Joshua J. Wallace, 22, was a passenger in a car en route to Salt Lake City following a Megadeth concert at Saltair Saturday night. The driver of the car lost control on a curve while heading south on state Route 202, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Ted Tingey. Wallace was not restrained and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver was wearing a seatbelt and was treated for injuries at the scene.
Jacob Carl Jensen, 28, of Boulder, Wyo., was arrested for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail early Sunday, Tingey said.
"A tragic event like this crash could've been prevented simply by having someone else, who is sober, drive the vehicle," the sergeant said. "This type of behavior during the holiday season will not be tolerated and those drivers who choose to take a chance and drive drunk will be pulled over, arrested and booked into jail."
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- Five sites now under consideration for new...
- Becky Lockhart remembered on Rare Disease Day...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks out on...
- Lehi supplement firm launches research lab
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 16