SALT LAKE COUNTY — A West Jordan man died from injuries sustained in a rollover accident shortly before midnight Saturday.
Joshua J. Wallace, 22, was a passenger in a car en route to Salt Lake City following a Megadeth concert at Saltair Saturday night. The driver of the car lost control on a curve while heading south on state Route 202, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Ted Tingey. Wallace was not restrained and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver was wearing a seatbelt and was treated for injuries at the scene.
Jacob Carl Jensen, 28, of Boulder, Wyo., was arrested for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail early Sunday, Tingey said.
"A tragic event like this crash could've been prevented simply by having someone else, who is sober, drive the vehicle," the sergeant said. "This type of behavior during the holiday season will not be tolerated and those drivers who choose to take a chance and drive drunk will be pulled over, arrested and booked into jail."
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 49
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9