SALT LAKE COUNTY — A West Jordan man died from injuries sustained in a rollover accident shortly before midnight Saturday.
Joshua J. Wallace, 22, was a passenger in a car en route to Salt Lake City following a Megadeth concert at Saltair Saturday night. The driver of the car lost control on a curve while heading south on state Route 202, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Ted Tingey. Wallace was not restrained and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver was wearing a seatbelt and was treated for injuries at the scene.
Jacob Carl Jensen, 28, of Boulder, Wyo., was arrested for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail early Sunday, Tingey said.
"A tragic event like this crash could've been prevented simply by having someone else, who is sober, drive the vehicle," the sergeant said. "This type of behavior during the holiday season will not be tolerated and those drivers who choose to take a chance and drive drunk will be pulled over, arrested and booked into jail."
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 19
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16