SALT LAKE COUNTY — A West Jordan man died from injuries sustained in a rollover accident shortly before midnight Saturday.
Joshua J. Wallace, 22, was a passenger in a car en route to Salt Lake City following a Megadeth concert at Saltair Saturday night. The driver of the car lost control on a curve while heading south on state Route 202, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Ted Tingey. Wallace was not restrained and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver was wearing a seatbelt and was treated for injuries at the scene.
Jacob Carl Jensen, 28, of Boulder, Wyo., was arrested for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail early Sunday, Tingey said.
"A tragic event like this crash could've been prevented simply by having someone else, who is sober, drive the vehicle," the sergeant said. "This type of behavior during the holiday season will not be tolerated and those drivers who choose to take a chance and drive drunk will be pulled over, arrested and booked into jail."
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17