SALT LAKE COUNTY — A West Jordan man died from injuries sustained in a rollover accident shortly before midnight Saturday.
Joshua J. Wallace, 22, was a passenger in a car en route to Salt Lake City following a Megadeth concert at Saltair Saturday night. The driver of the car lost control on a curve while heading south on state Route 202, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Ted Tingey. Wallace was not restrained and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver was wearing a seatbelt and was treated for injuries at the scene.
Jacob Carl Jensen, 28, of Boulder, Wyo., was arrested for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail early Sunday, Tingey said.
"A tragic event like this crash could've been prevented simply by having someone else, who is sober, drive the vehicle," the sergeant said. "This type of behavior during the holiday season will not be tolerated and those drivers who choose to take a chance and drive drunk will be pulled over, arrested and booked into jail."
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 31
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13