SALT LAKE COUNTY — A West Jordan man died from injuries sustained in a rollover accident shortly before midnight Saturday.
Joshua J. Wallace, 22, was a passenger in a car en route to Salt Lake City following a Megadeth concert at Saltair Saturday night. The driver of the car lost control on a curve while heading south on state Route 202, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Ted Tingey. Wallace was not restrained and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver was wearing a seatbelt and was treated for injuries at the scene.
Jacob Carl Jensen, 28, of Boulder, Wyo., was arrested for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail early Sunday, Tingey said.
"A tragic event like this crash could've been prevented simply by having someone else, who is sober, drive the vehicle," the sergeant said. "This type of behavior during the holiday season will not be tolerated and those drivers who choose to take a chance and drive drunk will be pulled over, arrested and booked into jail."
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Top Ten Spring Activities for Utah Families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 76
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 61
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24