SALT LAKE COUNTY — A West Jordan man died from injuries sustained in a rollover accident shortly before midnight Saturday.
Joshua J. Wallace, 22, was a passenger in a car en route to Salt Lake City following a Megadeth concert at Saltair Saturday night. The driver of the car lost control on a curve while heading south on state Route 202, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Ted Tingey. Wallace was not restrained and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver was wearing a seatbelt and was treated for injuries at the scene.
Jacob Carl Jensen, 28, of Boulder, Wyo., was arrested for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail early Sunday, Tingey said.
"A tragic event like this crash could've been prevented simply by having someone else, who is sober, drive the vehicle," the sergeant said. "This type of behavior during the holiday season will not be tolerated and those drivers who choose to take a chance and drive drunk will be pulled over, arrested and booked into jail."
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9