SALT LAKE COUNTY — A West Jordan man died from injuries sustained in a rollover accident shortly before midnight Saturday.
Joshua J. Wallace, 22, was a passenger in a car en route to Salt Lake City following a Megadeth concert at Saltair Saturday night. The driver of the car lost control on a curve while heading south on state Route 202, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Ted Tingey. Wallace was not restrained and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver was wearing a seatbelt and was treated for injuries at the scene.
Jacob Carl Jensen, 28, of Boulder, Wyo., was arrested for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail early Sunday, Tingey said.
"A tragic event like this crash could've been prevented simply by having someone else, who is sober, drive the vehicle," the sergeant said. "This type of behavior during the holiday season will not be tolerated and those drivers who choose to take a chance and drive drunk will be pulled over, arrested and booked into jail."
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- 10-month-old girl drowns in bathtub in Eagle...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 64
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 53
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 40
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15