SALT LAKE COUNTY — A West Jordan man died from injuries sustained in a rollover accident shortly before midnight Saturday.
Joshua J. Wallace, 22, was a passenger in a car en route to Salt Lake City following a Megadeth concert at Saltair Saturday night. The driver of the car lost control on a curve while heading south on state Route 202, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Ted Tingey. Wallace was not restrained and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver was wearing a seatbelt and was treated for injuries at the scene.
Jacob Carl Jensen, 28, of Boulder, Wyo., was arrested for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail early Sunday, Tingey said.
"A tragic event like this crash could've been prevented simply by having someone else, who is sober, drive the vehicle," the sergeant said. "This type of behavior during the holiday season will not be tolerated and those drivers who choose to take a chance and drive drunk will be pulled over, arrested and booked into jail."
- Women innovators leading by example
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10