Utah Jazz basketball: Derrick Favors out against Rockets, to get MRI on right foot
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
HOUSTON — The Utah Jazz will be without Derrick Favors and Marvin Williams when they take on the Houston Rockets tonight at the Toyota Center (6 p.m. MDT).
Favors has plantar fasciitis in this right foot (officially listed as a strained right arch), and will get an MRI on the injured foot Sunday after the team returns from its three-game road trip.
Favors has been suffering from the injury for a couple of weeks, but it hurt so bad Friday night he had to take himself out of the Jazz's 106-94 loss at Oklahoma City.
The 6-foot-10 power forward said he hopes he'll be able to play Monday when the Jazz host the Clippers.
Williams, meanwhile, will miss his second straight game with concussion symptoms. His head smacked the court in New Orleans, and he's experienced headaches ever since and must pass a stringent series of concussion tests before being cleared to play again.
For the second night in a row, the Jazz will start Mo Williams, Randy Foye, DeMarre Carroll, Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson.
Utah (9-8) beat the Rockets (7-8) at ESA 102-91 on Nov. 19, although Houston played most of the game without a then-sick James Harden. He is feeling better now and will play.
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 95
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 77
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 53
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 43
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 28
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26