Utah Jazz basketball: Derrick Favors out against Rockets, to get MRI on right foot
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
HOUSTON — The Utah Jazz will be without Derrick Favors and Marvin Williams when they take on the Houston Rockets tonight at the Toyota Center (6 p.m. MDT).
Favors has plantar fasciitis in this right foot (officially listed as a strained right arch), and will get an MRI on the injured foot Sunday after the team returns from its three-game road trip.
Favors has been suffering from the injury for a couple of weeks, but it hurt so bad Friday night he had to take himself out of the Jazz's 106-94 loss at Oklahoma City.
The 6-foot-10 power forward said he hopes he'll be able to play Monday when the Jazz host the Clippers.
Williams, meanwhile, will miss his second straight game with concussion symptoms. His head smacked the court in New Orleans, and he's experienced headaches ever since and must pass a stringent series of concussion tests before being cleared to play again.
For the second night in a row, the Jazz will start Mo Williams, Randy Foye, DeMarre Carroll, Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson.
Utah (9-8) beat the Rockets (7-8) at ESA 102-91 on Nov. 19, although Houston played most of the game without a then-sick James Harden. He is feeling better now and will play.
- Reasons for Travis Wilson's confidence:...
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5 in...
- Saturday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Kent Myers should have started for...
- BYU report card: Defense holds its own...
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to Utah next...
- In critical situations, BYU offense, defense...
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn, 30-13,...
- With difficult September schedule over,... 55
- Dick Harmon: After week of soul... 40
- Utah's win over Oregon proof of what... 24
- Former BYU quarterback John Beck says... 23
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 23
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 22
- New Utah basketball facility has high... 21
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 20