Utah Jazz basketball: Derrick Favors out against Rockets, to get MRI on right foot
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
HOUSTON — The Utah Jazz will be without Derrick Favors and Marvin Williams when they take on the Houston Rockets tonight at the Toyota Center (6 p.m. MDT).
Favors has plantar fasciitis in this right foot (officially listed as a strained right arch), and will get an MRI on the injured foot Sunday after the team returns from its three-game road trip.
Favors has been suffering from the injury for a couple of weeks, but it hurt so bad Friday night he had to take himself out of the Jazz's 106-94 loss at Oklahoma City.
The 6-foot-10 power forward said he hopes he'll be able to play Monday when the Jazz host the Clippers.
Williams, meanwhile, will miss his second straight game with concussion symptoms. His head smacked the court in New Orleans, and he's experienced headaches ever since and must pass a stringent series of concussion tests before being cleared to play again.
For the second night in a row, the Jazz will start Mo Williams, Randy Foye, DeMarre Carroll, Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson.
Utah (9-8) beat the Rockets (7-8) at ESA 102-91 on Nov. 19, although Houston played most of the game without a then-sick James Harden. He is feeling better now and will play.
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault, riot...
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as too...
- The top 25 NBA players under 25: Where do...
- BYU football: The Nebraska Cornhuskers in 6...
- BYU's Mendenhall, Nebraska's Riley have long...
- Red and blue recruits: Jaren Hall excited for...
- BYU football notebook: Experience should be...
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in season...
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 74
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 58
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 32
- Cougars looking for special season with... 29
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 29
- Morning links: Will Michigan beat Utah?... 26
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 25