Utah Jazz basketball: Derrick Favors out against Rockets, to get MRI on right foot
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
HOUSTON — The Utah Jazz will be without Derrick Favors and Marvin Williams when they take on the Houston Rockets tonight at the Toyota Center (6 p.m. MDT).
Favors has plantar fasciitis in this right foot (officially listed as a strained right arch), and will get an MRI on the injured foot Sunday after the team returns from its three-game road trip.
Favors has been suffering from the injury for a couple of weeks, but it hurt so bad Friday night he had to take himself out of the Jazz's 106-94 loss at Oklahoma City.
The 6-foot-10 power forward said he hopes he'll be able to play Monday when the Jazz host the Clippers.
Williams, meanwhile, will miss his second straight game with concussion symptoms. His head smacked the court in New Orleans, and he's experienced headaches ever since and must pass a stringent series of concussion tests before being cleared to play again.
For the second night in a row, the Jazz will start Mo Williams, Randy Foye, DeMarre Carroll, Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson.
Utah (9-8) beat the Rockets (7-8) at ESA 102-91 on Nov. 19, although Houston played most of the game without a then-sick James Harden. He is feeling better now and will play.
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams had...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- BYU basketball analysis: Why the Cougars...
- Utes get it done at home again
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles West...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 88
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 55
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 27
- Masina, Gustin develop friendship that... 20