Photo gallery: Children unwrap unique Imagination Playground gift in South Salt Lake
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Children begin to play with the Imagination Playground foam blocks and loose parts at the Columbus Center in South Salt Lake, Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012.
The city was awarded the playground, a first of its kind in Utah, by KaBOOM in a grant funded by the Walt Disney Company. The playground contains large foam blocks and loose parts for children to transform into their own worlds and will be located in the three city-owned Community Learning Centers and also set up at community events.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11