Photo gallery: Children unwrap unique Imagination Playground gift in South Salt Lake
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Children begin to play with the Imagination Playground foam blocks and loose parts at the Columbus Center in South Salt Lake, Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012.
The city was awarded the playground, a first of its kind in Utah, by KaBOOM in a grant funded by the Walt Disney Company. The playground contains large foam blocks and loose parts for children to transform into their own worlds and will be located in the three city-owned Community Learning Centers and also set up at community events.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 21
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13