Photo gallery: Children unwrap unique Imagination Playground gift in South Salt Lake
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Children begin to play with the Imagination Playground foam blocks and loose parts at the Columbus Center in South Salt Lake, Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012.
The city was awarded the playground, a first of its kind in Utah, by KaBOOM in a grant funded by the Walt Disney Company. The playground contains large foam blocks and loose parts for children to transform into their own worlds and will be located in the three city-owned Community Learning Centers and also set up at community events.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 21
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19