Photo gallery: Children unwrap unique Imagination Playground gift in South Salt Lake
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Children begin to play with the Imagination Playground foam blocks and loose parts at the Columbus Center in South Salt Lake, Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012.
The city was awarded the playground, a first of its kind in Utah, by KaBOOM in a grant funded by the Walt Disney Company. The playground contains large foam blocks and loose parts for children to transform into their own worlds and will be located in the three city-owned Community Learning Centers and also set up at community events.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21