Utah Jazz notebook: Marvin Williams' situation remains a headache
NO FAVORS: The Jazz just got Mo Williams back from his foot injury, and lost Marvin Williams for who knows how long because of his headache.
Now they could be without Derrick Favors. The key 6-foot-10 reserve left in the second quarter with a strained right arch and is doubtful tonight at Houston.
Favors said his foot has been bothering him for a couple of games, and it became unbearable to play on.
"It just started feeling weird," he said. "It was too sore. It still hurt."
HEADS-UP ANSWER: Corbin played in the NBA for 16 seasons back when the league wasn't as cognizant about concussions.
That explains the tongue-in-cheek response he gave when asked in a pregame media session if he'd ever suffered a concussion while playing.
"I probably had — just didn't know," the Jazz coach said.
Smiling, he added, "I may be concussed now."
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with...
- Good first impression for Utah Jazz rookie...
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- Graphic: What would happen if the Jazz match...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to transfer...
- Doug Robinson: NBA free agency is entirely...
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt commits...
- BYU football: 10 players poised for breakout...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 258
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 104
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 60
- Brad Rock: What Gordon Hayward needs to... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Robert Anae likes... 28
- 4 Utah college football players named... 28
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 25
- Fourth of July surprise! Steve Novak... 14