Utah Jazz basketball: Jazz look at 106-94 loss to OKC as a moral victory
A miffed Corbin barked at referee Dan Crawford and received a technical foul. Durant sank the freebie, and the Thunder never looked back after the three-point play gave OKC a 93-83 lead with 7:02 left.
"I thought it was a huge play," Corbin said.
Neither he nor Watson complained about the call, though.
The play of Watson and Kanter were bright spots for the Jazz.
The second-year Turkish big man, getting extra time after Favors' exit, returned to his preseason MVP form, playing aggressively, hitting jumpers, making nice moves while helping Utah cut into the Thunder lead.
"I seen the Big Turkey I've been looking for since the season start. I seen the Big Turkey I seen in preseason," Jefferson said. "He stepped up big tonight. Wherever it came from, I hope it continue to come."
Favors is listed as doubtful tonight in Houston, so it might have to for the Jazz to bounce back.
As for Kanter, he was more bummed about the loss that dropped Utah's road record to 3-8 than he was thrilled about his career-high scoring night and seven offensive rebounds.
"It's nice, but we lost the game, so I'm not happy about my scores or my rebounds or anything," he said. "We just lost the game. That's what I'm really sad for."
NOTES: Mo Williams had 13 points and six assists after missing the past three games with a sprained right forefoot. ... Jefferson had his ninth double-double: 16 points and 11 rebounds. ... Utah shot 41.3 percent to OKC's 52.0 percent.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48