Utah Jazz basketball: Jazz look at 106-94 loss to OKC as a moral victory
A miffed Corbin barked at referee Dan Crawford and received a technical foul. Durant sank the freebie, and the Thunder never looked back after the three-point play gave OKC a 93-83 lead with 7:02 left.
"I thought it was a huge play," Corbin said.
Neither he nor Watson complained about the call, though.
The play of Watson and Kanter were bright spots for the Jazz.
The second-year Turkish big man, getting extra time after Favors' exit, returned to his preseason MVP form, playing aggressively, hitting jumpers, making nice moves while helping Utah cut into the Thunder lead.
"I seen the Big Turkey I've been looking for since the season start. I seen the Big Turkey I seen in preseason," Jefferson said. "He stepped up big tonight. Wherever it came from, I hope it continue to come."
Favors is listed as doubtful tonight in Houston, so it might have to for the Jazz to bounce back.
As for Kanter, he was more bummed about the loss that dropped Utah's road record to 3-8 than he was thrilled about his career-high scoring night and seven offensive rebounds.
"It's nice, but we lost the game, so I'm not happy about my scores or my rebounds or anything," he said. "We just lost the game. That's what I'm really sad for."
NOTES: Mo Williams had 13 points and six assists after missing the past three games with a sprained right forefoot. ... Jefferson had his ninth double-double: 16 points and 11 rebounds. ... Utah shot 41.3 percent to OKC's 52.0 percent.
- Cougars in the pros: Lasike scores first pro...
- BYU football: Suspensions impacting both BYU...
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to win...
- Brad Rock: Utes to Harbaugh: Update your...
- Friday night lights: Live coverage of the...
- Utah Utes report card: Harbaugh, Michigan...
- Nebraska looking to set tone of Mike Riley...
- Special teams makes big plays as Utah State...
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to... 110
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 80
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 72
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has... 43
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 37
- Brad Rock: Take expletives, not... 35
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 30