OREM, Utah — Utah Valley University returns home for just the second time this season to host Pepperdine University of the West Coast Conference on Saturday at 7:05 p.m. in the UCCU Center. The game can be heard live on 960 AM the Zone and will be televised live locally on UVU TV and tape-delayed on Fox College Sports.
The Wolverines are 3-5 after a Tuesday loss at North Carolina Central, while Pepperdine has won four straight, including a 10-point win Thursday at Montana State.
"Pepperdine is playing very well. They have built their confidence and coach (Marty) Wilson has done a great job of blending in his returners and newcomers," Wolverine coach Dick Hunsaker said.
Utah Valley couldn't recover from a fast start by N.C. Central in Tuesday's 70-52 loss. Ben Aird, who leads the team with 13.0 points per game, finished with 12 points and nine rebounds.
The Wolverines will be playing in Orem after playing seven of their eight November contests away from home. UVU will play four of its next six at the UCCU Center.
The Waves (4-2) got 22 points from Stacy Davis and 16 from Lorne Jackson in the win at Montana State. Jackson's 17.0 ppg average leads the team, while Davis hauls in 7.3 rebounds per game. Pepperdine's only two losses have come at Cal State Northridge and Cal, and its wins include consecutive overtime victories over Washington State and at Houston Baptist of the Great West Conference.
Following Saturday's game, the Wolverines play at in-state foe Weber State on Wednesday before traveling to Alabama to face Troy on Dec. 8.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Utah Jazz: Latest acquisition Booker aims to...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 89
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 75
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 39
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 25