Brave new world: Using Facebook to preserve old memories with family and friends
I realized something I never did before as I uploaded my old photos to Facebook this time. I realized these memories were never lost. They just existed in the heads of others that were there with me, and Facebook made it possible for me to access them. Facebook Timeline brought out those memories and allowed the timeline of life to continue. Just like the book, "Love You Forever," now I can observe this circle of memories and love as it moves from one generation to the next. My parents and grandparents didn't have this opportunity available to them.
The only difference is the dead no longer need to be living for those memories to last. I look forward to letting my children experience my own life's moments as they friend me on Facebook and I grow older.
Facebook Timeline, in this brave new world, is timeless.
Jesse Stay is author of "Google+ Marketing For Dummies," "Google+ For Dummies," and "Facebook Application Development For Dummies." He writes regularly on StayNAlive.com and spends his days as director of social media for Deseret Digital Media.
- Modest swimsuit designer speaks out on bikinis
- Bear scare: 'Baden and Logan saved my life.'
- 7-year-old girl who met Justin Bieber passes...
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at question...
- Dear son: This is why I can't save you from...
- Dear mom who sometimes feels like a terrible...
- 'Pain capable' abortion regulation makes...
- Pew study: News media inserted bias into gay...
- Pew study: News media inserted bias... 57
- Parents rally after Canadian elementary... 25
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at... 21
- Gunman caught after shooting... 20
- Modest swimsuit designer speaks out on... 13
- Dad shares lessons learned from living... 12
- Ogden man shot as he knelt to pray is... 12
- Push for solutions underway to Utah's... 11