Dick Harmon: In SDSU-BYU pregame heat, video coordinator Chad Bunn to be defended
The lawyer says criticism of Bunn has been devastating and impedes his ability to earn income and provide for his family in a position he is very qualified to perform.
In the letter to that local media outlet, Mortensen shot off a warning:
“If you do not cease and desist your unfounded comments about Mr. Bunn, without the proper foundation to make such statements, and especially with the information we are now providing with this letter, we will look at legal action against you (and the radio station) for the harm you are causing Mr. Bunn, both economically and emotionally.”
In other words, game on.
Already, in a press conference this week with current San Diego State coach Rocky Long, some folks in San Diego, in an apparent effort to stoke up the “hate card,” drilled Long on his level of hate of BYU. Long, a classy guy, did not bite, but he was pressed time and time again in the media sessions.
It’s only a matter of time until somebody brings up Bunn and the video replay in San Diego and begins a drum beat.
I have known Bunn for 25 years. Nobody works harder. Few have provided a greater service in his business to schools across the country in this video business. He’s an artist. He’s also accommodating to people with demands, almost to a fault. He goes out of his way to please.
Mortensen is right. Crossed-eyed emotional blather about the guy will not go unanswered this time.
Now, let the bowl hype begin.
Dick Harmon, Deseret News sports columnist, can be found on Twitter as Harmonwrites and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 90
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 70
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29