Dick Harmon: In SDSU-BYU pregame heat, video coordinator Chad Bunn to be defended
The lawyer says criticism of Bunn has been devastating and impedes his ability to earn income and provide for his family in a position he is very qualified to perform.
In the letter to that local media outlet, Mortensen shot off a warning:
“If you do not cease and desist your unfounded comments about Mr. Bunn, without the proper foundation to make such statements, and especially with the information we are now providing with this letter, we will look at legal action against you (and the radio station) for the harm you are causing Mr. Bunn, both economically and emotionally.”
In other words, game on.
Already, in a press conference this week with current San Diego State coach Rocky Long, some folks in San Diego, in an apparent effort to stoke up the “hate card,” drilled Long on his level of hate of BYU. Long, a classy guy, did not bite, but he was pressed time and time again in the media sessions.
It’s only a matter of time until somebody brings up Bunn and the video replay in San Diego and begins a drum beat.
I have known Bunn for 25 years. Nobody works harder. Few have provided a greater service in his business to schools across the country in this video business. He’s an artist. He’s also accommodating to people with demands, almost to a fault. He goes out of his way to please.
Mortensen is right. Crossed-eyed emotional blather about the guy will not go unanswered this time.
Now, let the bowl hype begin.
Dick Harmon, Deseret News sports columnist, can be found on Twitter as Harmonwrites and can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 75
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 62
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37