Dick Harmon: In SDSU-BYU pregame heat, video coordinator Chad Bunn to be defended
The lawyer says criticism of Bunn has been devastating and impedes his ability to earn income and provide for his family in a position he is very qualified to perform.
In the letter to that local media outlet, Mortensen shot off a warning:
“If you do not cease and desist your unfounded comments about Mr. Bunn, without the proper foundation to make such statements, and especially with the information we are now providing with this letter, we will look at legal action against you (and the radio station) for the harm you are causing Mr. Bunn, both economically and emotionally.”
In other words, game on.
Already, in a press conference this week with current San Diego State coach Rocky Long, some folks in San Diego, in an apparent effort to stoke up the “hate card,” drilled Long on his level of hate of BYU. Long, a classy guy, did not bite, but he was pressed time and time again in the media sessions.
It’s only a matter of time until somebody brings up Bunn and the video replay in San Diego and begins a drum beat.
I have known Bunn for 25 years. Nobody works harder. Few have provided a greater service in his business to schools across the country in this video business. He’s an artist. He’s also accommodating to people with demands, almost to a fault. He goes out of his way to please.
Mortensen is right. Crossed-eyed emotional blather about the guy will not go unanswered this time.
Now, let the bowl hype begin.
Dick Harmon, Deseret News sports columnist, can be found on Twitter as Harmonwrites and can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 21