USU basketball: Aggies ready for home opener against Montana State on Saturday
Utah State women’s basketball looks to get back into the winning column after having its two-game winning stopped by Utah, 92-64, on Tuesday. After six-straight road games, the Aggies finally return to the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum for their first home game of the season against Montana State on Saturday at 2 p.m.
This is the second-straight season the Aggies (2-4) and the Bobcats (4-1) have met. Utah State is 3-6 since the re-instatement in home openers.
The Bobcats are off to a fast start this season with a 4-1 record after an 81-49 win against UM-Western on Thursday. In that game, the Bobcats were led by 12 points from Lindsay Stockton, Rachel Semansky and Jasmine Hommes.
The Aggies currently have two freshmen in the starting lineup who are making an impact early in the season. Freshman guard Stephanie Bairstow has started the last three games and averages 24.3 minutes per game. She has also averages 5.7 points and rebounds per game. Fellow freshman Makenlee Williams has also started the last three games, averaging 18.7 mpg. She averages 4.0 rpg in the three starts and 3.7 ppg.
After the Aggies home opener against Montana State, they hit the road again to take on its last Beehive State team, BYU, on Tuesday, Dec. 4 at the Marriott Center at 7 p.m. That game will be televised on BYUtv. The Aggies then head to the Hoosier State to face No. 5 Notre Dame at Purcell Pavillion at the Joyce Center on Saturday, Dec. 8. The Irish were national runners up last season.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27