“Huber Hill and the Brotherhood of Coronado” by B.K. Bostick is the delightful sequel to “Huber Hill and the Dead Man’s Treasure.” The series is not limited to young boys. It has enough action and plot twists that people of all ages will enjoy it.
In the first book, Huber and his gang of friends set off on a wild adventure to find a dead man’s treasure chest.
In the second book, the reader is reintroduced to Hannah, Scott and Jessie and reminded of the adventure they had in the first book. As the plot unfolds, the friends discover that the treasure they found in the first book has been stolen.
The trio tracks the treasure to an ancient city called Salamanca, which is in Spain. Desperately needing to get to Spain, the friends let their parents believe they are participating in a study abroad trip.
The friends encounter dangerous obstacles as they try to find the treasure. They are unsure of whom they can trust.
The best part of this book is the exposure to Spain. Young readers will not only be entertained, but they will be educated about a culture different from their own. Also a plus is the explanation of Spanish myths like El Dorado.
The characters in the book continue to be likable. Their teamwork sometimes reminds the reader of the Harry Potter trio. New Spanish characters are introduced in the book as well.
At the end of the book there are several questions that parents or teachers can use for a book club, family night or classroom discussion.
Bostick earned his bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Utah and he earned his master's in psychology from Utah State University.
“Huber Hill and the Brotherhood of Coronado” is a family friendly book. There is no swearing and no inappropriate jokes or references.
Shelby Scoffield has a bachelor's in English from Brigham Young University and a master's in rhetoric and composition from Stanislaus State University. She is currently working on her teaching credentials so she can teach high school English.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- 'The Voice' gives Tanner Linford a chance to...
- Bill Murray shines as 'St. Vincent'
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap?
- Utah families strive to raise awareness of...
- Classic films to help make your Halloween...
- Pumpkins grown at prison delivered to children
- Marvel superheroes power up 'Disney Infinity...
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 16
- Old-fashioned soda shops making... 3
- San Francisco radio stations ban hit... 2
- Oh, Internet. Why you gotta be so rude?... 1
- Classic films to help make your... 1
- Foreign films lead new movies on... 1
- Horror cliches abound in tedious 'Ouija' 1
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap? 1