“Huber Hill and the Brotherhood of Coronado” by B.K. Bostick is the delightful sequel to “Huber Hill and the Dead Man’s Treasure.” The series is not limited to young boys. It has enough action and plot twists that people of all ages will enjoy it.
In the first book, Huber and his gang of friends set off on a wild adventure to find a dead man’s treasure chest.
In the second book, the reader is reintroduced to Hannah, Scott and Jessie and reminded of the adventure they had in the first book. As the plot unfolds, the friends discover that the treasure they found in the first book has been stolen.
The trio tracks the treasure to an ancient city called Salamanca, which is in Spain. Desperately needing to get to Spain, the friends let their parents believe they are participating in a study abroad trip.
The friends encounter dangerous obstacles as they try to find the treasure. They are unsure of whom they can trust.
The best part of this book is the exposure to Spain. Young readers will not only be entertained, but they will be educated about a culture different from their own. Also a plus is the explanation of Spanish myths like El Dorado.
The characters in the book continue to be likable. Their teamwork sometimes reminds the reader of the Harry Potter trio. New Spanish characters are introduced in the book as well.
At the end of the book there are several questions that parents or teachers can use for a book club, family night or classroom discussion.
Bostick earned his bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Utah and he earned his master's in psychology from Utah State University.
“Huber Hill and the Brotherhood of Coronado” is a family friendly book. There is no swearing and no inappropriate jokes or references.
Shelby Scoffield has a bachelor's in English from Brigham Young University and a master's in rhetoric and composition from Stanislaus State University. She is currently working on her teaching credentials so she can teach high school English.
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- 'Arrow' makes Green Arrow less goofy
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- Sherry Young: Moving — a life changing...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 8
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip... 3
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough... 2
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 2
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1
- 11 cartoon characters who buck stereotypes 1
- Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton can't... 1