“Reached,” which was released Nov. 13, is the conclusion of her dystopian young adult Matched trilogy of Cassia, Xander and Ky.
USA Today’s list is based on an analysis of sales from a variety of U.S. booksellers and includes all genres.
Condie had some notable company on the list.
“Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel” by Jeff Kinney was No. 1, “The Last Man” by Vince Flynn was No. 2 and “Merry Christmas, Alex Cross” was No. 3.
No. 4 was “The Racketeer” by John Grisham, and “The Perfect Hope” by Nora Roberts was listed at No. 5.
The lists are published on Thursdays, and "Reached" was listed at No. 39 this week.
Condie isn't a stranger to being on USA Today's list. In 2010, “Matched” spent six weeks on the list. Its highest rank was No. 24, and a year ago, “Crossed” also was on the list for six weeks and was highest ranked at No. 22.
The Matched trilogy is also No. 2 on the New York Times’ Dec. 2 list of best-selling children’s series.
The first book in the series, “Matched,” has been on the New York Times’ children’s paperback books list for 57 weeks, ending at No. 8 on the Nov. 25 list.
The second book in the series, “Crossed,” was on the Children’s Chapter Book list for 11 weeks earlier this year.
Other Utah authors have also recently been on the New York Times’ Children’s Chapter Book list, including Richard Paul Evans for “Michael Vey: Rise of the Elgen,” which was No. 2 on the Sept. 2 list and was in the top 10 for seven weeks.
Shannon Hale’s “Princess Academy: Palace of Stone” was No. 8 on the Sept. 9 list.
Evans is also on the USA Today list for his recently released "A Winter Dream." This week the book is No. 100 on the list and has been on the list four weeks. It's highest rating was No. 33.
Also earlier this fall, "Michael Vey 2: Rise of the Elgen" spent four weeks on the USA Today list and No. 15 was its best ranking.
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- Book review: Brandon Sanderson's 'Words of...
- First look at modernized 'Annie' produced by...
- Doug's Take: 'Mr. Peabody and Sherman' clever...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 45
- 'Son of God' is strong on production,... 20
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 19
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love-hate... 11
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 9
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 6
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance... 5