Utah author Ally Condie's 'Reached' on USA Today's best-sellers list
“Reached,” which was released Nov. 13, is the conclusion of her dystopian young adult Matched trilogy of Cassia, Xander and Ky.
USA Today’s list is based on an analysis of sales from a variety of U.S. booksellers and includes all genres.
Condie had some notable company on the list.
“Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel” by Jeff Kinney was No. 1, “The Last Man” by Vince Flynn was No. 2 and “Merry Christmas, Alex Cross” was No. 3.
No. 4 was “The Racketeer” by John Grisham, and “The Perfect Hope” by Nora Roberts was listed at No. 5.
The lists are published on Thursdays, and "Reached" was listed at No. 39 this week.
Condie isn't a stranger to being on USA Today's list. In 2010, “Matched” spent six weeks on the list. Its highest rank was No. 24, and a year ago, “Crossed” also was on the list for six weeks and was highest ranked at No. 22.
The Matched trilogy is also No. 2 on the New York Times’ Dec. 2 list of best-selling children’s series.
The first book in the series, “Matched,” has been on the New York Times’ children’s paperback books list for 57 weeks, ending at No. 8 on the Nov. 25 list.
The second book in the series, “Crossed,” was on the Children’s Chapter Book list for 11 weeks earlier this year.
Other Utah authors have also recently been on the New York Times’ Children’s Chapter Book list, including Richard Paul Evans for “Michael Vey: Rise of the Elgen,” which was No. 2 on the Sept. 2 list and was in the top 10 for seven weeks.
Shannon Hale’s “Princess Academy: Palace of Stone” was No. 8 on the Sept. 9 list.
Evans is also on the USA Today list for his recently released "A Winter Dream." This week the book is No. 100 on the list and has been on the list four weeks. It's highest rating was No. 33.
Also earlier this fall, "Michael Vey 2: Rise of the Elgen" spent four weeks on the USA Today list and No. 15 was its best ranking.
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- A community of theater: Utah theater...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with Katniss
- Local theaters bringing stars,magic and...
- 'Mockingjay, Part 1' opens with $123 million
- What's new: 'Walk Beside Me' adds vibrancy to...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 16
- Jennifer Lawrence: Privacy loss that... 4
- FanX returns in January with 'Star... 4
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys'... 3
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 3
- Model-TV host Dickinson accuses Cosby... 2
- Cookbooks see growth, but slow to move... 1
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with... 1