WEST JORDAN — An open house where residents can meet with city officials to discuss how Redwood Road will look and function in the future is set for 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, at the Viridian Library, 8030 S. 1825 West.
The Wasatch Front Regional Council projects there will be 500,000 new residents in Salt Lake County by 2030, 50,000 of which are expected to be new residents of West Jordan The city's current population is 107,000.
Although much of Redwood Road is developed, officials expect that regional growth will likely continue to increase traffic on the street and influence how property will develop and redevelop in the future.
Given the importance of the street to residents, West Jordan is conducting a study to examine future development opportunities and economic needs along Redwood Road. The study will also look at ways to improve the look, feel and efficiency of the street. Residents are encouraged to attend to open house or email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide input.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 24
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14