WEST JORDAN — An open house where residents can meet with city officials to discuss how Redwood Road will look and function in the future is set for 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, at the Viridian Library, 8030 S. 1825 West.
The Wasatch Front Regional Council projects there will be 500,000 new residents in Salt Lake County by 2030, 50,000 of which are expected to be new residents of West Jordan The city's current population is 107,000.
Although much of Redwood Road is developed, officials expect that regional growth will likely continue to increase traffic on the street and influence how property will develop and redevelop in the future.
Given the importance of the street to residents, West Jordan is conducting a study to examine future development opportunities and economic needs along Redwood Road. The study will also look at ways to improve the look, feel and efficiency of the street. Residents are encouraged to attend to open house or email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide input.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24