WEST JORDAN — An open house where residents can meet with city officials to discuss how Redwood Road will look and function in the future is set for 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, at the Viridian Library, 8030 S. 1825 West.
The Wasatch Front Regional Council projects there will be 500,000 new residents in Salt Lake County by 2030, 50,000 of which are expected to be new residents of West Jordan The city's current population is 107,000.
Although much of Redwood Road is developed, officials expect that regional growth will likely continue to increase traffic on the street and influence how property will develop and redevelop in the future.
Given the importance of the street to residents, West Jordan is conducting a study to examine future development opportunities and economic needs along Redwood Road. The study will also look at ways to improve the look, feel and efficiency of the street. Residents are encouraged to attend to open house or email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide input.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17