WEST JORDAN — An open house where residents can meet with city officials to discuss how Redwood Road will look and function in the future is set for 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, at the Viridian Library, 8030 S. 1825 West.
The Wasatch Front Regional Council projects there will be 500,000 new residents in Salt Lake County by 2030, 50,000 of which are expected to be new residents of West Jordan The city's current population is 107,000.
Although much of Redwood Road is developed, officials expect that regional growth will likely continue to increase traffic on the street and influence how property will develop and redevelop in the future.
Given the importance of the street to residents, West Jordan is conducting a study to examine future development opportunities and economic needs along Redwood Road. The study will also look at ways to improve the look, feel and efficiency of the street. Residents are encouraged to attend to open house or email email@example.com to provide input.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Powell family fires back at recent court...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Windstorm topples trees, trucks, power poles...
- U. student government passes resolution... 97
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 20
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 20