WEST JORDAN — An open house where residents can meet with city officials to discuss how Redwood Road will look and function in the future is set for 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, at the Viridian Library, 8030 S. 1825 West.
The Wasatch Front Regional Council projects there will be 500,000 new residents in Salt Lake County by 2030, 50,000 of which are expected to be new residents of West Jordan The city's current population is 107,000.
Although much of Redwood Road is developed, officials expect that regional growth will likely continue to increase traffic on the street and influence how property will develop and redevelop in the future.
Given the importance of the street to residents, West Jordan is conducting a study to examine future development opportunities and economic needs along Redwood Road. The study will also look at ways to improve the look, feel and efficiency of the street. Residents are encouraged to attend to open house or email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide input.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12