Utah Jazz snap losing streak in New Orleans with 96-84 win
Williams' status will be determined by the results of ongoing concussion tests.
The Hornets (4-10) got 18 points apiece from Robin Lopez and Greivis Vasquez, but NBA-leading 3-point-shooter Ryan Anderson only connected on 1 of 6 from beyond the arc and New Orleans shot just 42.5 percent.
Corbin thought his team clearly played more energetic in the second half after a ho-hum start. Utah outscored New Orleans 55-45 in the final two quarters.
"I thought that we were more aggressive in our cuts on the offensive end. Our defense picked it up and got our hands on a lot of balls," said Corbin, whose team had 11 steals. "We were able to get some easy baskets."
The Jazz also attacked the hoop, resulting in 17 more free throws (28 for 38) than the Hornets (17 for 21).
"It's good for us to start off the road trip like this. We need to win games like these," Hayward said. "It's hard to win games on the road, but we've got to be able to take these. We're going to have a tough one going into Oklahoma City."
That's true. But at least Friday they won't hear any "There ain't no Thunder in Utah!" chants.
NOTES: Starting point guard Mo Williams dressed but didn't play for the third game in a row due to a sprained right forefoot. Before tipoff, Corbin jokingly said he was going to tell Williams, "If I call your name, don't stand up. Just sit there and look at me funny." The Jazz won despite getting zero points from their point guards. Backup Earl Watson dished out eight assists and didn’t take a shot while fill-in starter Jamaal Tinsley had five dimes and went 0 for 1. No. 1 pick Anthony Davis (left ankle) did not play.
- Will BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson play vs....
- Ranking the best season by a quarterback in...
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks about...
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on the...
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks off...
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- College football predictions: How will... 137
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 62
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36