Utah Jazz snap losing streak in New Orleans with 96-84 win
Williams' status will be determined by the results of ongoing concussion tests.
The Hornets (4-10) got 18 points apiece from Robin Lopez and Greivis Vasquez, but NBA-leading 3-point-shooter Ryan Anderson only connected on 1 of 6 from beyond the arc and New Orleans shot just 42.5 percent.
Corbin thought his team clearly played more energetic in the second half after a ho-hum start. Utah outscored New Orleans 55-45 in the final two quarters.
"I thought that we were more aggressive in our cuts on the offensive end. Our defense picked it up and got our hands on a lot of balls," said Corbin, whose team had 11 steals. "We were able to get some easy baskets."
The Jazz also attacked the hoop, resulting in 17 more free throws (28 for 38) than the Hornets (17 for 21).
"It's good for us to start off the road trip like this. We need to win games like these," Hayward said. "It's hard to win games on the road, but we've got to be able to take these. We're going to have a tough one going into Oklahoma City."
That's true. But at least Friday they won't hear any "There ain't no Thunder in Utah!" chants.
NOTES: Starting point guard Mo Williams dressed but didn't play for the third game in a row due to a sprained right forefoot. Before tipoff, Corbin jokingly said he was going to tell Williams, "If I call your name, don't stand up. Just sit there and look at me funny." The Jazz won despite getting zero points from their point guards. Backup Earl Watson dished out eight assists and didn’t take a shot while fill-in starter Jamaal Tinsley had five dimes and went 0 for 1. No. 1 pick Anthony Davis (left ankle) did not play.
- Emery scores 31 as BYU crushes Santa Clara,...
- MVP Jimmer Fredette puts on a show at the...
- Dick Harmon: The night the rim got wide as a...
- Jimmer Fredette named D-League All-Star MVP,...
- Jazz's trio of Rising Stars reflects on...
- 5A state swimming: Sky View girls surprise...
- Can Cougars sweep their first WCC road trip...
- Hood earns bragging rights over Lyles and...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 73
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 61
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric... 38