Utah Jazz snap losing streak in New Orleans with 96-84 win
Williams' status will be determined by the results of ongoing concussion tests.
The Hornets (4-10) got 18 points apiece from Robin Lopez and Greivis Vasquez, but NBA-leading 3-point-shooter Ryan Anderson only connected on 1 of 6 from beyond the arc and New Orleans shot just 42.5 percent.
Corbin thought his team clearly played more energetic in the second half after a ho-hum start. Utah outscored New Orleans 55-45 in the final two quarters.
"I thought that we were more aggressive in our cuts on the offensive end. Our defense picked it up and got our hands on a lot of balls," said Corbin, whose team had 11 steals. "We were able to get some easy baskets."
The Jazz also attacked the hoop, resulting in 17 more free throws (28 for 38) than the Hornets (17 for 21).
"It's good for us to start off the road trip like this. We need to win games like these," Hayward said. "It's hard to win games on the road, but we've got to be able to take these. We're going to have a tough one going into Oklahoma City."
That's true. But at least Friday they won't hear any "There ain't no Thunder in Utah!" chants.
NOTES: Starting point guard Mo Williams dressed but didn't play for the third game in a row due to a sprained right forefoot. Before tipoff, Corbin jokingly said he was going to tell Williams, "If I call your name, don't stand up. Just sit there and look at me funny." The Jazz won despite getting zero points from their point guards. Backup Earl Watson dished out eight assists and didn’t take a shot while fill-in starter Jamaal Tinsley had five dimes and went 0 for 1. No. 1 pick Anthony Davis (left ankle) did not play.
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan against...
- What you may have missed: Mangum’s...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- Dick Harmon: Former BYU quarterbacks rise to...
- Morning links: Utah, USU pick up commitments...
- Utah notebook: Britain Covey will not play on...
- Brad Rock: Enes Kanter doesn't deserve the abuse
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 127
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 52
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 40
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 37
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 35