BYU basketball: Cougars cruise to 85-60 win over Montana in Salt Lake City
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The BYU Cougars jumped out to an early 14-2 lead and never looked back as they defeated the Montana Grizzlies 85-60 at EnergySolutions Arena on Wednesday.
Brandon Davies led the way for the Cougars with 21 points, 10 rebounds, six assists, four steals and two blocks as BYU (5-2) led by double digits for much of the game. They also forced the Grizzlies into 17 turnovers.
Montana (3-2) closed the gap to 51-47 with 12 minutes remaining, but the Cougars went on a 12-3 run to put the game out of reach.
Tyler Haws scored 18 points and Josh Sharp added a career-high 13 for the Cougars, who shot 50 percent from the floor and 8-19 on 3-pointers. Kareem Jamar scored 17 points with nine rebounds to lead the Grizzlies.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: TheShums
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27