BYU basketball: Cougars cruise to 85-60 win over Montana in Salt Lake City
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The BYU Cougars jumped out to an early 14-2 lead and never looked back as they defeated the Montana Grizzlies 85-60 at EnergySolutions Arena on Wednesday.
Brandon Davies led the way for the Cougars with 21 points, 10 rebounds, six assists, four steals and two blocks as BYU (5-2) led by double digits for much of the game. They also forced the Grizzlies into 17 turnovers.
Montana (3-2) closed the gap to 51-47 with 12 minutes remaining, but the Cougars went on a 12-3 run to put the game out of reach.
Tyler Haws scored 18 points and Josh Sharp added a career-high 13 for the Cougars, who shot 50 percent from the floor and 8-19 on 3-pointers. Kareem Jamar scored 17 points with nine rebounds to lead the Grizzlies.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: TheShums
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- High school boys basketball: Manti stuns...
- High school boys basketball: Pine View wins...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 95
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 84
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 67
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29