BYU basketball: Cougars cruise to 85-60 win over Montana in Salt Lake City
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The BYU Cougars jumped out to an early 14-2 lead and never looked back as they defeated the Montana Grizzlies 85-60 at EnergySolutions Arena on Wednesday.
Brandon Davies led the way for the Cougars with 21 points, 10 rebounds, six assists, four steals and two blocks as BYU (5-2) led by double digits for much of the game. They also forced the Grizzlies into 17 turnovers.
Montana (3-2) closed the gap to 51-47 with 12 minutes remaining, but the Cougars went on a 12-3 run to put the game out of reach.
Tyler Haws scored 18 points and Josh Sharp added a career-high 13 for the Cougars, who shot 50 percent from the floor and 8-19 on 3-pointers. Kareem Jamar scored 17 points with nine rebounds to lead the Grizzlies.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: TheShums
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- 3A boys state tournament quarterfinals...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 89
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 81
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 55
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 29