BYU basketball: Cougars cruise to 85-60 win over Montana in Salt Lake City
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The BYU Cougars jumped out to an early 14-2 lead and never looked back as they defeated the Montana Grizzlies 85-60 at EnergySolutions Arena on Wednesday.
Brandon Davies led the way for the Cougars with 21 points, 10 rebounds, six assists, four steals and two blocks as BYU (5-2) led by double digits for much of the game. They also forced the Grizzlies into 17 turnovers.
Montana (3-2) closed the gap to 51-47 with 12 minutes remaining, but the Cougars went on a 12-3 run to put the game out of reach.
Tyler Haws scored 18 points and Josh Sharp added a career-high 13 for the Cougars, who shot 50 percent from the floor and 8-19 on 3-pointers. Kareem Jamar scored 17 points with nine rebounds to lead the Grizzlies.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: TheShums
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28