BYU basketball: Cougars cruise to 85-60 win over Montana in Salt Lake City
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The BYU Cougars jumped out to an early 14-2 lead and never looked back as they defeated the Montana Grizzlies 85-60 at EnergySolutions Arena on Wednesday.
Brandon Davies led the way for the Cougars with 21 points, 10 rebounds, six assists, four steals and two blocks as BYU (5-2) led by double digits for much of the game. They also forced the Grizzlies into 17 turnovers.
Montana (3-2) closed the gap to 51-47 with 12 minutes remaining, but the Cougars went on a 12-3 run to put the game out of reach.
Tyler Haws scored 18 points and Josh Sharp added a career-high 13 for the Cougars, who shot 50 percent from the floor and 8-19 on 3-pointers. Kareem Jamar scored 17 points with nine rebounds to lead the Grizzlies.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: TheShums
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22