Utah Jazz top New Orleans Hornets, earn third road win of season
Gerald Herbert, AP
Al Jefferson scored 19 points and three teammates also finished in double figures as the Utah Jazz defeated the New Orleans Hornets, 96-84.
It was just the third road win of the season for the Jazz, who have played 10 of their first 16 games away from Salt Lake City.
The Hornets led for much of the first quarter, but the Jazz began the second with a 9-0 run that gave them the lead for good.
Utah pushed its lead to 16 to begin the fourth quarter, and the Hornets got no closer than seven for the rest of the game.
Paul Millsap and Marvin Williams added 16 points each for the Jazz. Robin Lopez and Greivis Vasquez led New Orleans with 18 points apiece.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: TheShums
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon State opens the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 114
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 31
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 26
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 20