Utah Jazz top New Orleans Hornets, earn third road win of season
Gerald Herbert, AP
Al Jefferson scored 19 points and three teammates also finished in double figures as the Utah Jazz defeated the New Orleans Hornets, 96-84.
It was just the third road win of the season for the Jazz, who have played 10 of their first 16 games away from Salt Lake City.
The Hornets led for much of the first quarter, but the Jazz began the second with a 9-0 run that gave them the lead for good.
Utah pushed its lead to 16 to begin the fourth quarter, and the Hornets got no closer than seven for the rest of the game.
Paul Millsap and Marvin Williams added 16 points each for the Jazz. Robin Lopez and Greivis Vasquez led New Orleans with 18 points apiece.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: TheShums
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 67
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 42
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 17
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14