Utah Jazz top New Orleans Hornets, earn third road win of season
Gerald Herbert, AP
Al Jefferson scored 19 points and three teammates also finished in double figures as the Utah Jazz defeated the New Orleans Hornets, 96-84.
It was just the third road win of the season for the Jazz, who have played 10 of their first 16 games away from Salt Lake City.
The Hornets led for much of the first quarter, but the Jazz began the second with a 9-0 run that gave them the lead for good.
Utah pushed its lead to 16 to begin the fourth quarter, and the Hornets got no closer than seven for the rest of the game.
Paul Millsap and Marvin Williams added 16 points each for the Jazz. Robin Lopez and Greivis Vasquez led New Orleans with 18 points apiece.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: TheShums
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- Utah State denies David Collette's release,...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- Davis High named top girls soccer team in the...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 55
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 47
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 39
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35