Utah Jazz top New Orleans Hornets, earn third road win of season
Gerald Herbert, AP
Al Jefferson scored 19 points and three teammates also finished in double figures as the Utah Jazz defeated the New Orleans Hornets, 96-84.
It was just the third road win of the season for the Jazz, who have played 10 of their first 16 games away from Salt Lake City.
The Hornets led for much of the first quarter, but the Jazz began the second with a 9-0 run that gave them the lead for good.
Utah pushed its lead to 16 to begin the fourth quarter, and the Hornets got no closer than seven for the rest of the game.
Paul Millsap and Marvin Williams added 16 points each for the Jazz. Robin Lopez and Greivis Vasquez led New Orleans with 18 points apiece.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: TheShums
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26