Utah Jazz top New Orleans Hornets, earn third road win of season
Gerald Herbert, AP
Al Jefferson scored 19 points and three teammates also finished in double figures as the Utah Jazz defeated the New Orleans Hornets, 96-84.
It was just the third road win of the season for the Jazz, who have played 10 of their first 16 games away from Salt Lake City.
The Hornets led for much of the first quarter, but the Jazz began the second with a 9-0 run that gave them the lead for good.
Utah pushed its lead to 16 to begin the fourth quarter, and the Hornets got no closer than seven for the rest of the game.
Paul Millsap and Marvin Williams added 16 points each for the Jazz. Robin Lopez and Greivis Vasquez led New Orleans with 18 points apiece.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: TheShums
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28