MOAB — A Moab man died after falling 80 feet while rock climbing Monday in Arizona.
The man was identified as Joshua Dale Riggs, 32, according to a news release from the Coconino County Sheriff's Office in Flagstaff, Ariz. Riggs was climbing in the Williams area near Paradise Forks and Sycamore Falls when he fell.
Riggs' girlfriend called emergency dispatchers and told them he was "seriously injured," according to the news release.
U.S. Forest Service officers, sheriff's deputies and a technical team responded but found Riggs dead when they arrived. His body was raised up the cliff face once the technical team rappelled down to recover it.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 92
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24