Moab rock climber killed in 80-foot fall in Arizona
MOAB — A Moab man died after falling 80 feet while rock climbing Monday in Arizona.
The man was identified as Joshua Dale Riggs, 32, according to a news release from the Coconino County Sheriff's Office in Flagstaff, Ariz. Riggs was climbing in the Williams area near Paradise Forks and Sycamore Falls when he fell.
Riggs' girlfriend called emergency dispatchers and told them he was "seriously injured," according to the news release.
U.S. Forest Service officers, sheriff's deputies and a technical team responded but found Riggs dead when they arrived. His body was raised up the cliff face once the technical team rappelled down to recover it.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14