MOAB — A Moab man died after falling 80 feet while rock climbing Monday in Arizona.
The man was identified as Joshua Dale Riggs, 32, according to a news release from the Coconino County Sheriff's Office in Flagstaff, Ariz. Riggs was climbing in the Williams area near Paradise Forks and Sycamore Falls when he fell.
Riggs' girlfriend called emergency dispatchers and told them he was "seriously injured," according to the news release.
U.S. Forest Service officers, sheriff's deputies and a technical team responded but found Riggs dead when they arrived. His body was raised up the cliff face once the technical team rappelled down to recover it.
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Artifact vandalism near Moab a growing problem
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 49
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 25
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 22