Moab rock climber killed in 80-foot fall in Arizona
MOAB — A Moab man died after falling 80 feet while rock climbing Monday in Arizona.
The man was identified as Joshua Dale Riggs, 32, according to a news release from the Coconino County Sheriff's Office in Flagstaff, Ariz. Riggs was climbing in the Williams area near Paradise Forks and Sycamore Falls when he fell.
Riggs' girlfriend called emergency dispatchers and told them he was "seriously injured," according to the news release.
U.S. Forest Service officers, sheriff's deputies and a technical team responded but found Riggs dead when they arrived. His body was raised up the cliff face once the technical team rappelled down to recover it.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 34
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9