Moab rock climber killed in 80-foot fall in Arizona
MOAB — A Moab man died after falling 80 feet while rock climbing Monday in Arizona.
The man was identified as Joshua Dale Riggs, 32, according to a news release from the Coconino County Sheriff's Office in Flagstaff, Ariz. Riggs was climbing in the Williams area near Paradise Forks and Sycamore Falls when he fell.
Riggs' girlfriend called emergency dispatchers and told them he was "seriously injured," according to the news release.
U.S. Forest Service officers, sheriff's deputies and a technical team responded but found Riggs dead when they arrived. His body was raised up the cliff face once the technical team rappelled down to recover it.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8