Moab rock climber killed in 80-foot fall in Arizona
MOAB — A Moab man died after falling 80 feet while rock climbing Monday in Arizona.
The man was identified as Joshua Dale Riggs, 32, according to a news release from the Coconino County Sheriff's Office in Flagstaff, Ariz. Riggs was climbing in the Williams area near Paradise Forks and Sycamore Falls when he fell.
Riggs' girlfriend called emergency dispatchers and told them he was "seriously injured," according to the news release.
U.S. Forest Service officers, sheriff's deputies and a technical team responded but found Riggs dead when they arrived. His body was raised up the cliff face once the technical team rappelled down to recover it.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22