Moab rock climber killed in 80-foot fall in Arizona
MOAB — A Moab man died after falling 80 feet while rock climbing Monday in Arizona.
The man was identified as Joshua Dale Riggs, 32, according to a news release from the Coconino County Sheriff's Office in Flagstaff, Ariz. Riggs was climbing in the Williams area near Paradise Forks and Sycamore Falls when he fell.
Riggs' girlfriend called emergency dispatchers and told them he was "seriously injured," according to the news release.
U.S. Forest Service officers, sheriff's deputies and a technical team responded but found Riggs dead when they arrived. His body was raised up the cliff face once the technical team rappelled down to recover it.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15