Moab rock climber killed in 80-foot fall in Arizona
MOAB — A Moab man died after falling 80 feet while rock climbing Monday in Arizona.
The man was identified as Joshua Dale Riggs, 32, according to a news release from the Coconino County Sheriff's Office in Flagstaff, Ariz. Riggs was climbing in the Williams area near Paradise Forks and Sycamore Falls when he fell.
Riggs' girlfriend called emergency dispatchers and told them he was "seriously injured," according to the news release.
U.S. Forest Service officers, sheriff's deputies and a technical team responded but found Riggs dead when they arrived. His body was raised up the cliff face once the technical team rappelled down to recover it.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Zion National Park to hold public meetings on...
- National Guard trains in Denver to respond to...
- Drug deal messages pop up on tablet parents...
- West Jordan announces summer construction...
- Monte Cristo Highway opens Monday
- Riverton educator named Jordan...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15