Police investigate possible shooting in West Valley City
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police here were investigating a possible shooting Wednesday afternoon.
A male victim was found on the sidewalk in front of several businesses at 7135 W. 3500 South, West Valley City Police Sgt. Mike Powell said. The man was taken to a local hospital in critical condition, he said.
It was not immediately known whether the victim was shot where he was found or dropped off on the sidewalk after being shot somewhere. Investigators were in the process of rounding up witnesses and interviewing them Wednesday afternoon.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15