Police investigate possible shooting in West Valley City
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police here were investigating a possible shooting Wednesday afternoon.
A male victim was found on the sidewalk in front of several businesses at 7135 W. 3500 South, West Valley City Police Sgt. Mike Powell said. The man was taken to a local hospital in critical condition, he said.
It was not immediately known whether the victim was shot where he was found or dropped off on the sidewalk after being shot somewhere. Investigators were in the process of rounding up witnesses and interviewing them Wednesday afternoon.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15